Post deleted
Roger Callow

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Well that was easy enough!
Roger Callow

Planemike

Post by Planemike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Cannot believe the small mindedness. Hope you are not pushed out.........

Planemike
Michael Blake

Jeremy Liber

Post by Jeremy Liber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm not really sure what the problem is with stickandrudder/mouthandtrousers man is. If you are not prepared to tell us who you are then I suggest you've either got something to hide or you're just out to casue mischief by constantly whinging at a perfectly reasonable system.

Debate...

Jeremy

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 pm

If stickandrudderman wishes to make representation to the Board to change the ruling that forum posters have to use their names then he is at liberty to do so.
The current ruling came about becuase of the high level of rudeness and unpleasant comment in the early days of the forum - that's what real small-mindedness is Planemike, the desire to be an ar****le by hiding behind a facade.
It is perhaps unfortunate that the requirement to be a member coincided with the need to use your name so there could now be an argument for allowing anonymity because we know who the posters are at HQ and that might keep the more wayward posters within reasonable bounds of civility.
So stickman, if you really do want to try to change things, put together a cogent argument to present to the Board indicating why it should reconsider the current forum operating rules. It will be considered by the Member Services Committee, of which I am a member, and will get a full and fair hearing.

mikeblyth

Names on forum

Post by mikeblyth » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Must have a name, in fact I wish members would put more on their profile, often check to see if someone is near to me especially if they have a problem that I could help with.

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

thanks for the link Rod.
Its interesting to see that a big majority of those posting on pprune agree with the LAA rule for posting showing your real name. Some very good reasoning for it on pprune. Although a couple on there havent figured out you can use a pseudoname but put your real name at the bottom of the post.

Stickandrudderman puts forward the argument that if you are the company boss, you might not want your employees seeing what you do with your money , by seeing you posting on the forum. Well the simple solution to that, is dont post on the forum, after all if you really want to say something to LAA you can always write to the directors!

maybe the forum is quiet because many of us have better things to do, like go flying!

Paul Hendry-Smith

Post by Paul Hendry-Smith » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Rod1, tis about time you used your full name don't you think??
If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.
(Bob Hoover)

Planemike

Post by Planemike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Still don't understand why the the "great and good" of the LAA cannot treat us like adults and allow us to make the choice of whether to use our own name or a "handle" (or both). After all it is a "closed" forum i.e. only members can post. The forum is also moderated so anything can deleted/censored by the "mods" should they not want it there.

Prune where you can just use a handle seems to work well with very little evidence of obscenity or any other things appearing which seems to give great concern here.

Certainly have to say this is a pretty dull forum in comparision to others.
maybe the forum is quiet because many of us have better things to do, like go flying!
Definitely true in your case , Nigel............!!!!

Planemike............... (aka Michael John BLAKE)

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Oh, come along now planemike, do adults really have to use daft nicknames and 'handles'.
Yes, this particular chatforum is a little under- utilized, but the main consolation of that is that most postings are fairly credit-worthy and factual, whereas on certain other 'Pilot Forums', you can post a topic on any banal claptrap that you like and by tea-time there will be about 97 replies of equally banal claptrap. Do these guys actually do any flying ?
I have said before on a previous posting that people tend to treat HangarChat as a barometer of LAAs state of health, well it's not, it's a facility that's nice to have , but if you want to do a proper health check of our organisation, then just look at the world-class magazine that we all get once a month, that's the real catalyst for what's going on in the UK homebuilding world. People are giving their keyboards and their i-phones so much credence, and communication has become something of a frivolous commodity . OK use these devices by all means, but let's ditch the anonymous bit shall we ! Otherwise our posts become nothing more than junk mail .

stickandrudderman

Post by stickandrudderman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Post deleted.

Planemike

Post by Planemike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Oh, come along now planemike, do adults really have to use daft nicknames and 'handles'.
Chris..........

Guess it is a case of some do, some don't. My point is, we as adults, are capable of choosing whether we wish to use our own name or a "daft nickname". Anyway, think I have had my say.............

Planemike
Michael Blake

stickandrudderman

Post by stickandrudderman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Post deleted.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Whilst anonymous posters unilaterally think it's purely their choice; they condemn everyone else to read their unsubtantiated offerings.

That's 'unfair' on the rest of us !

With today's open Society and Freedom of Information etc., it's a poor show for members to persist in forcing their own indulgences on us.

And, Mr Moderator, please remind us why certain anonymous contributors are regular allowed, yet not others. That's hardly right either ?

mike hallam.