Part M General Aviation Task force consultation

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nigel Hitchman

Part M General Aviation Task force consultation

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 pm

I recieved an email regarding this consultation from EASA
Please note that NPA-2012-17 "Part-M General Aviation Task Force (Phase I)" is now open for consultation on EASA website.

See: http://hub.easa.europa.eu/crt/docs/viewnpa/id_177

Having looked at the document it is very long and complicated, like most things from EASA. I know the LAA are involved in this via Europe Air Sports, is there a need for individuals to respond? Is there a guide/recommendation of what to say?
Seems like a very good idea, although I havent read much beyond the initial statements and heard the comments from Roger Hopkinson that this is good news for all of GA.
I dont own a C of A aircraft, but agree this would seem to be a big positive to our friends with C of A aircraft so we should support it.
Hopefully there will be little opposition, surely even for most maintenance organisations this is a big burden and not really making them much extra money and with the burden less aircraft will be owned and thus they will get less business in the end.
Hopefully not too many entrenched regulators commenting against it, trying to protect their jobs!

Please let us know if we need to do anything.