Help Save Panshanger

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Brady

Help Save Panshanger

Post by John Brady » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

You may recall that the consultation by Welwyn Hatfield Council to close Panshanger Airfield and build houses on the site closes on 31 January. We really need you all to make a response even if it is only to say you object. You can always say you support the LAA submission about "WGC4 - Panshanger" which you can find on the LAA website (follow the link from News on the homepage). A copy is the LAA submission is available from that link.

For simplicity just register as an objector on the Welwyn website by using the link from our webpage.

Then use the link on the webpage directly to the specific proposal for Panshanger. It is reference WGC4. That page has a tab just above the airfield map where you can log in and add comments (as long as you are registered).

If you don't want to use this system please just send them an email - details on our webpage.

Please help us. If we go on losing airfields at the rate we are our children and grandchildren will never have the opportunity to fly at all.

Please feel free to copy this to any other forum

Thanks, John

Ian Melville

Re: Help Save Panshanger

Post by Ian Melville » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 am

Done
Ian Melville

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Come on chaps - This is not a very good show .
I saw Johns post this morning and wrote in and registered my protest . I know that this is a quiet forum , and I don't have a problem with that, but it is a useful tool for things like this .
It can't be just Ian and I that have responded to this surely ?
Let's support our brothers at Panshanger in their hour of need .

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Ok I have too, but didn't know I was supposed to report it.

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry Alan, that did come across a bit pompous didn't it .

Just became a bit incensed when reading the planning proposals that the politically correct, human rights aware Council, want to turn an historic aerodrome into another Dale Farm that's all .
Life in 21st century Britain,,,,,,,,,Priceless. :twisted:

Neil lawrence

Post by Neil lawrence » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Sorry haven't been on site for some time so missed dead line. But it's happening everywhere, Hucknal airfield is to be developed it to houses and alike pending planning going through April time, as it is rolls Royce and their developer partners putting it in seems the club has its hands tied!