Aircraft documents

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Trevor Bates

Aircraft documents

Post by Trevor Bates » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi all is a radio installation certificate still required amongst the other documents when flying in france .?Cheers Trevor

Brian Hope

Re: Aircraft documents

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:12 am

Hi Trevor, I have not seen anything to suggest that it isn't. That said I have never been asked for it and I have had to show my documents a handful of times when in France and other countries. They are generally only interested in your Licence, Medical and Insurance documents but you should of course also have you Permit and Registration documents with you as well - and don't forget the Permit revalidation.
Many find it odd that the actual documents, rather than photocopies, need to be carried. I think it's a good idea to photocopy the documents, but leave them at home so that in the event of loss you have all the details at hand, but take the actual documents with you.
Though the odds are stacked in your favour that you will never be asked for your documents, if it does happen and you do not have them it can be an expensive and time-consuming exercise. I have heard of pilots being prevented from continuing their journey because they did not have their Licence or Medical, and having to get friends or family to courier it to them before being allowed to continue.

Trevor Bates

Re: Aircraft documents

Post by Trevor Bates » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi Brian useful info I seem to be lacking an approval for a fairly recent avionics , fit it,s now work in progress Cheers Trevor.