Tracey Curtis Taylor - separation truth and talk

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

samrutherford

Tracey Curtis Taylor - separation truth and talk

Post by samrutherford » Sun May 15, 2016 2:39 pm

I was wondering how many people still thought that she had made the Cape Town to Goodwood and UK to Australia flights solo?

All the press and publicity talk loudly of solo, and indeed on her talks she herself describes her achievement as solo. In fact she had her instructor in the front seat for nearly all flights of both trips.

I know that the truth is slowly coming out, but wondered how far (and how many more awards she will receive before people realise)...

I wasn't overly bothered whilst it was only about her, I became bothered when she started winning awards (the LAA Bill Woodhams Trophy for a feat of Navigation for example) in the place of more deserving candidates.

Safe flights, Sam.

Alan Kilbride

Re: Tracey Curtis Taylor - separation truth and talk

Post by Alan Kilbride » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 pm

By 'eck I did laugh this morning.

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Mon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm afraid I didn't laugh, but there is a little satisfaction at having Ewald's presence well and truly 'outed'...

Fly safe out there, Sam.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Tue May 17, 2016 4:51 pm

I do not wish to get embroiled in a discussion over the validity or otherwise of Tracey's exploits but as she has now had an unfortunate accident in the Arizona desert and badly damaged the Stearman, I do sympathise with her and wish her well. By all accounts she and her passenger were not seriously hurt when the aircraft developed a problem shortly after taking off from Winslow and hit a bush and overturned during the ensuing forced landing.

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Tue May 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Yes, I have to agree on that one.
I'm quite happy to post my opinions as far as the bullsh*t factor is concerned, but serious crashes are nothing to do with bullsh1t and the pictures of this one make it pretty obvious that lives could have been at stake here.
Certainly she [and he ] are fair enough targets in the normal picture of things , but indulging in schadenfreude after an incident such as this , is a bit below the belt I reckon !

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Tue May 17, 2016 9:42 pm

I can assure everyone that had anyone been hurt in the incident, it would not have been amusing, But after all the self publicity and bending of the truth, I did find it amusing that there was nowhere to hide on this one.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 am

I'm sure the owner of (the remains of) a certain R44 won't feel so sympathetic.

ROB. THOMASSON

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:51 am

The so called passenger was in fact the owner of the aircraft I gather and has a lot of hours on type. How much of this so called SOLO trip only had her in the cockpit?