Gardan Horizon --- 1st Permit to Fly Issued

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Flying John

Gardan Horizon --- 1st Permit to Fly Issued

Post by Flying John » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:00 pm

I am pleased to say that after considerable effort that the First Permit to Fly has now been issued.

Phew !

At long last after much lobbying (and moaning) about the Orphan status of the GY80 and the efforts of the LAA, the first Permit is now its way to me in the post, so with any luck and a nice Wednesday morning I should be able to take to the skies tomorow after having been grounded since 16th May when my ARC ran out.

With the process and paper trail now established it should make it easier for not only the other half a dozen GY80s to get a PtF, but perhaps other types that have been left with no type support.

There are some aspects that have left me unhappy, the time it has taken and the huge fees paid to EASA for approval of the flight conditions - which they will also get from any other applicant - being the most annoying.

On the plus side the aircraft has had a good clean and polish, a service and some new seat foams to make life a little more comfortable.

John
John Luck

Harry Hopkins

Re: Gardan Horizon --- 1st Permit to Fly Issued

Post by Harry Hopkins » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Well done you. Happy landings and best wishes,

Harry Hopkins

rogcal

Re: Gardan Horizon --- 1st Permit to Fly Issued

Post by rogcal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Great news John. It would be nice to think that bits of BKNI will be aloft on a Permit one day. :D
Roger Callow