Permit renewal on-line?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

The Westmorland Flyer

Permit renewal on-line?

Post by The Westmorland Flyer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

I've just filled in the blue paper form for my permit renewal. When I went to the web site to check on the charges I noticed that you can now pay on-line rather that writing out another piece of paper... the cheque.

This is all good but I wonder if we might one day be able to do the entire renewal process on-line, or at least electronically. I understand that signatures are needed and that makes an on-line form difficult but it would be OK, surely, to accept a scanned blue form sent by e-mail?

The LAA has offered for some time the time saving option of sending back the scanned permit in an e-mail, complete with its signatures, so the only stage of the process that requires paper and snail mail is the blue form.

Thoughts?
John Linford
Sportcruiser G-JONL

malcnorth

Re: Permit renewal on-line?

Post by malcnorth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Sound like a great idea, this is really straight forward to do. I have worked for several companies who complete all their contracts using online services such as docusign which ca do this.
https://www.docusign.co.uk/

I would have thought it would be a lot cheaper and require much less admin.
Malcolm North

Alan Crutcher

Post by Alan Crutcher » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:01 pm

I posted my permit application yesterday afternoon and paid using the on-line shop. At 12:14 today I received my permit by email. I made no 'special request' for a quick turnaround. The permit renewal service is simply excellent and I'd like to express my appreciation to those at the LAA involved in this. Thank you.

I'm sure the LAA will do everything on-line soon but I see some slight difficulties in that the application is in two parts, completed by the inspector and the owner.

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Wow. I think I may have to complain. I posted mine on a Wednesday and the e-mail arrived Friday.

Every time I fantasise about finding the (non-existent) ideal country in which to live, I realise that it wouldn't have the LAA. Some of our nearest neighbours are rightly envious of us.
Nic Orchard

SteveSlater

Post by SteveSlater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 pm

Comments all noted and we're looking at this as part of our current Engineering review. It's not quite as straightforward as it first looks, as we have to develop a system that meets CAA audit requirements and can be accessed by members and inspectors with (ahem) widely varying I.T. capability!