ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

L21-B

Re: ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Post by L21-B » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Trevor Harvey wrote:L21-B
It was not directed at you, it was in response to P5151. Sorry.
No worries, accepted.
Jeffrey Owen

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:33 pm

@P5151,,,if , after sifting through every tiny bit of information that there is available about all this [and there's lots ] , you have drawn the conclusion that Tracey has played it all above board and with a straight bat ,,then we do live in an open democracy and your democratic right to reflect that , is there to vote accordingly !
P5151 wrote:The failure of due process comes about because those who voted by proxy votes did so without hearing her answer the allegations put to her at the AGM.
The above comment does suggest that you were not in attendance at AGM-2016 though . Despite being given the full floor , Tracey didn't actually answer anything and there were certainly no "allegations" put to her to answer because everyone else was asked to remain quiet . Luckily for Tracey .

Also , why has all this sudden confusion about the proxy voting system suddenly sprung up ? Is there something about the procedures that have been used over the years that has suddenly become a black-art ?
Or is Tracey expecting 7,700 people to squeeze themselves into the Cirrus Room this Sunday ?

I know that Planet Tracey is a slightly surreal place , but this just sinks lower and lower now for every day that goes .

ed ludlow

Post by ed ludlow » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 pm

One of the things that strikes me as particularly odd about all this, is that TCT has complained about not being given the right to respond to allegations made against her. However, despite questions having been repeatedly put to her, by numerous people on this forum, she is still refusing to answer them. Surely, by its very definition, a forum is the place to answer those questions, particularly as so many of the folk unable to attend the AGM (and so voting by proxy) will be reading this. If I were in her shoes, I'd have been meticulous in answering every question asked.

So a question to TCT - why aren’t you answering questions?
Last edited by ed ludlow on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Alan Kilbride wrote:Thanks for that Brian. I personally think the board are doing an excellent job running the LAA on our behalf.
This debacle is not of their doing and if only it would go away. I believe dark forces are at work here and would like a bit more openness from all sides. I do understand the need for confidentiality, but it would be good to know how many new members we accepted in the month of October.
Whatever the outcome, I truly hope the bitterness will end.

Alan

Alan.

If I may might I suggest a small tweak to your question? Perhaps it would be more accurate to ask how many new members joined in September. If, and I emphasise if, there were a large increase that could point toward someone having prior knowledge of these motions.

Those opposed to the motions only found out in October. Only someone who knew of the behind-the-scenes correspondence leading to the motions would have known in September.

Tinfoil hats on.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Trevor Harvey wrote:..... or a paraplegic dribbling vegetable in a straight jacket strapped to a stretcher on the floor.

Now that made me proper larf out loud, thanks for that. :D

The PC brigade will be along later to sort you out.

Planemike

Post by Planemike » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Trevor Harvey wrote:
..... or a paraplegic dribbling vegetable in a straight jacket strapped to a stretcher on the floor. ”

Now that made me proper larf out loud, thanks for that.
I saw nothing there to make me laugh. Well, I suppose we all have different senses of humour.
Michael Blake

Alan Crutcher

Post by Alan Crutcher » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Paul, I'd be happier if you deleted that post as it's grotesque.

P5151

Post by P5151 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Planemike wrote:

Trevor Harvey wrote:
..... or a paraplegic dribbling vegetable in a straight jacket strapped to a stretcher on the floor. ”

Now that made me proper larf out loud, thanks for that.
I saw nothing there to make me laugh. Well, I suppose we all have different senses of humour.

Well I have carried out a Young Eagles flight for a termanily Ill child who apart from not being in a straight jacket fitted most of that description. Not surprisingly he contributed nothing to the conduct of the flight apart from vomiting in the back seat making the aeroplane smell for weeks.

Yet, our friend Trevor would still not class it as a solo flight? This is exactly why I have a problem with people being pedantic about the word solo, or with a passenger, or dual. I wonder who Trevor would want me to list as P2 if we were dual in his view.

Much play is made on the fact that an instructor accompanied her as though she still needed some training during the course of these flight, where is the evidence of this? If there is none that fact that the person was an instructor is irrelevant.

It seem that Chris thinks I have taken TCT’s side in this because I have pointed out flaws in how the way this has been conducted is unfair. That is not the case, in calling members narcissistic she has been out of order and as I have said before my feeling is that the award should have gone to the team.

I will go further, this was a filmed and televised flight, it is obvious that a support team would be involved to do this. Just like aviation movies there is always artistic licence. We have all seen movies like Red Tails which are annoyingly inaccurate. Hurricane had so much twist in it that it left me annoyed.

Here we had a flight which was never a true recreation of the original flight, but which provided entertainment which was good PR for aviation and the LAA. Now because of refusal to accept a bit of ‘artistic licence’ a great PR vehicle for the LAA has been lost. I wonder how far ahead the people were looking and in who’s interest those who took up the fight agains TCT. It certainly was not in the long term interests of the LAA.

Years later the d@mage to our reputation is still being done.

What we need is a system to re-examine awards that may have been awarded incorrectly that does not become so devisive and destructive to the Association.......I live in hope.
Steve Arnold

Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Post by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm

It is important that the Chairman is standing down because it means that the outcome of the 2018 AGM motions has no bearing on his future standing; it was worth pointing out because this had evidently not registered with some members. I do not know why he is stepping down. The consequences of the 2016 motion have taken up his time and put him under pressure; but this situation would never have arisen had the LAA Board not allowed its AGM to be used as a vehicle for a campaign of personal retribution by Mr Rutherford and friends.

I now know what the Chairman had in mind when he referred to my threatening legal action. A letter in December 2017 from my solicitor put several questions from me to which he had previously not responded, preceded with the rider that I reserved my right to legal action: this is customary. Our present Secretary anticipated even before the 2016 motion was presented that I might reasonably seek a judicial review were it to pass, but it has never been my desire to start litigation against the LAA Board even if I had the financial resources to do such a thing.

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Several questions from you Tracey, How about answering questions from us?

L21-B

Post by L21-B » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm

I am beginning to wonder if the posts on this forum are from the real Tracey Curtis-Taylor or from her solicitor using her name, especially as she refuses to answer direct questions but is happy to persist in asking questions and making statements of alleged fact.
Jeffrey Owen

Trevor Harvey

Post by Trevor Harvey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 pm

For the avoidance of doubt.
I was not insulting people with serious illness or disabilities, I was merely pointing out that the capacity/competence of any other person in the aircraft is irellevent.
Just for the record, my stroke disabled, semi paralysed wife was perfectly capable of making a 60deg banked turn and rolling out on track straight and level with no flying training whatsoever. Was I Solo?
The PC department can go take a running **** at a rolling donut!
As for P2. There is no requirement for a P2 in either my aircraft or a Stearman, PiC, PuT, P1S during examination. That is all. If you want to log P2, help yourself, it's your logbook write what you like in it!
If you don't understand the meaning of the word Solo in the context of piloting an aircraft then that is your problem not mine.
The number of misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and pure bloody mindedness on this subject is mind boggling.

P5151

Post by P5151 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Trevor Harvey wrote:For the avoidance of doubt.
I was not insulting people with serious illness or disabilities, I was merely pointing out that the capacity/competence of any other person in the aircraft is irellevent.
Just for the record, my stroke disabled, semi paralysed wife was perfectly capable of making a 60deg banked turn and rolling out on track straight and level with no flying training whatsoever. Was I Solo?
The PC department can go take a running **** at a rolling donut!
As for P2. There is no requirement for a P2 in either my aircraft or a Stearman, PiC, PuT, P1S during examination. That is all. If you want to log P2, help yourself, it's your logbook write what you like in it!
If you don't understand the meaning of the word Solo in the context of piloting an aircraft then that is your problem not mine.
The number of misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and pure bloody mindedness on this subject is mind boggling.

Indeed you need to go look in the mirror you will spot one of the culprits. Your argument is really stupid it’s a pity you cannot see the difference between taking up a passenger who is incapable of assisting in a flight and one who is not. Now if TCT had used the word pedantic rather than misogynistic I would have had more sympathy for her, but you are doing a good job of swaying me towards her given your aggressive bad attitude.

If the competence of a person with her is irrelevant why do people emphasise there was an instructor with her on some flights, why not just refer to him as another pilot, or a passenger. It is just plain stubbornness to say that their competence. irrelevant as part of the case made against her us on the basis of this instrctors presence.
Steve Arnold

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Tracey Curtis-Taylor wrote:It is important that the Chairman is standing down because it means that the outcome of the 2018 AGM motions has no bearing on his future standing;.
His "future standing" ???? What future standing is that then Tracey !

Our Chairman came to the LAA as a retired airline executive with a long background in the engineering world and an extremely good reputation . He brings a massive amount of knowledge , expertise and aviation experience to the table , to an organisation that has never done anything but good for GA and its grassroots flyers . He did have ,,and will continue to have , an extremely good standing amongst the membership . Regardless of whatever happens or whatever doesn't happen this coming Sunday !

And whilst we're on the subject Tracey, what do you think the "outcome of the 2018 motions" will have on your "future standing" ?

Regardless of any voting !

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 pm

P5151 wrote: Your argument is really stupid it’s a pity you cannot see the difference between taking up a passenger who is incapable of assisting in a flight and one who is not.
Steve , me old chum . Sorry to have to be brutally honest here mate but ; are you completely missing the point here on purpose ?

Tracey told everybody in the whole world who wanted to read her internet comms that she had flown all of this on her own ! Solo !!!!!! Alone !!!!!! in an open cockpit biplane . It's all there , just read it !

She only altered her stories when it became clear that she had been rumbled .

It is this and nothing else that drove the decision for the proposal in 2016 .

She rather conveniently cites "vile internet trolls" for turning the tide of opinion against her . Believe me , it is not !
And if her case was as watertight as she would like us all to believe , then she wouldn't need to keep coming back on here and bombarding us all with her strange bendings of the truth .
Last edited by Chris Martyr on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.