LAA amateur built aircraft flying to France post Brexit

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Donald Walker

Re: LAA amateur built aircraft flying to France post Brexit

Post by Donald Walker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:43 am

Alan,
You may find clarification is not forthcoming. The CAA will say it needs to be approved by the French and the French will say read the our regulations: if it is valid in your country, it is valid in ours.

My interpretation of that decree is that a LAPL medical is acceptable, but a PMD is not.

My opinion is worth what you paid for it, of course. I am only interested in this subject, because I enjoy flying to France and look forward to doing so again.

If all else fails, I have a French ULM licence to fall back on, and an aircraft that fits their new 500kg category. Not even a PMD is required :D

netsua

Post by netsua » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi Donald, Compliments on your polyglot legal snooping on our behalf! Regarding your all-important finding of the loophole regarding implied authorisation of LAPL/NPPL in G Reg Permit aircraft, I am struggling to find the bit of text that you quote as article 4. The link you provide takes us to a decret with only three articles, none of which includes the text you quote. I am probably being a techno pygmy as usual but could you help me track down the actual text so I can wave it at any official in the unlikely event of a challenge, please? Thanks again
Stephen Austen

netsua

Post by netsua » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Found the link from Steve's earlier post

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/id/ ... 0036437808

Article 4 is clear enough for me. I would fly my G Reg Permit aircraft on my LAPL in France on the back of that
Stephen Austen