Dutch Homebuilders Fly-in 15 - 16 - 17 august 2008

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Clive

Dutch Homebuilders Fly-in 15 - 16 - 17 august 2008

Post by Clive » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:26 pm

I've attended several NVAV events and they are really well organised and a very hospitable group. The fly in is at Midden Zeeland EHMZ. The weather is August as we know from the recent weeks will be a heat wave and great flying Weather. If you're passing by or looking for a good night/weekend out check out the info,
Regards, Clive (working again alas)

INVITATION
International
Dutch Homebuilders Fly-in
15 - 16 - 17 august 2008
Midden Zeeland (EHMZ)
Holland
(1000 meter gras runway)
Avgas, Mogas and Jet A1
Musselmeal
BBQ
1 free landing for experimentals
Camping on the field
Bar
Information: ..3130 6665443 or ..31 70 3646683 International Dutch Homebuilders Fly-in NVAV Nederlandse Vereniging van Amateur Vliegtuigbouwers
92 nm from Dover
75 nm from calais

Visit our website;

www.nvav.nl

Deep link English text;
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nvav/pag/20080815 ... ly_in_2008

Airfield Midden Zeeland
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nvav/pag/Vliegveld_EHMZ.html

Invitation;
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nvav/pag/Invitation%20E.pdf

Henkjan van der Zouw Chairman NVAV

We are looking forward to your visit.

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 pm

What's the situation with Belgian airspace now with regards to LAA permit aircraft?

Ivan

Clive

Belgian Airspace

Post by Clive » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 pm

No different than previous years as far as I know. If you ask they'll tell you to send them some dosh and give you permission for a few days around your trip. If you don't and go you won't find anyone asking for anything anywhere. There are many Dutch and French homebuilds nased in Belgium and none have permission to be there. The Belgians recognise they are too small to have a homebuild organisation and are happy to allow others countries systems to be used to get planes flying and Belgian citizens in the air. At least that what my Belgian mate with the Dutch Experimental says.

RE the Midden Zeeland fly in, put /S on your flight plan, even if you don't have one, you'll only be doing a few miles into Netherlands and they won't care either but /C will alert them to the fact you don't have S.

Talk to Ostend and then go straight to MZ.

Hope a few of you will go, give them all my regards, Clive
19 days left to go.

David Broom

Post by David Broom » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Clive
I routed across the southern Netherlands a few days ago from Costa direct to Damme (EDWC). In preparation I had descended to 1200 feet as the Dutch AIP said I should without mode S. The Dutch MIL controller gave me a squawk and when I asked for confirmation that I needed to be below 1200 feet since I only had mode C he said that it was not a problem and I could climb to FL55 if I wished. We climbed and maintained a comfortable hieght in smooth air for the whole route. Likewise on the return journey along the Fresian Islands and then south along the coast from Texel we were permitted to operate up to the base of controlled airspace. So it seems that despite the change of rules common sense is prevailing at the moment. For the short excursion from COA to Midden Zeeland you probably wouldn't want to be very high in any case.
The German controllers are enforcing the 'below 5000 feet if no mode S' rule though. Ostend approach were as helpful as ever for transit through their control zone.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi David, there is a page about the Dutch situation in the latest Bottlang update. It would appear that the 1200ft business will not be implemented until April 2010, and then only on 'working days'. Non working days appear to be from 1700 local Friday to 2400 local Sundays, plus legal holidays. From April 2009 the max height comes down to 4500ft, same rules re working days.
Certain TMZ's have different rules, namely Eelde, Maastricht, Rotterdam, and D South (a largish chunk in the SE corner of the country which corresponds to the Nieuw Milligen TMA).
Best to check the charts to make sure you understand the situation in the areas you will be flying in.