B B Fly-out

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Rod, I do not understand why you are confused. The dates and venues in the magazine were given to me by John and are as per those mentioned in his posting of December 15th, and to my knowledge remain unchanged. the only event I haven't mentioned is Tannkosh, which I shall once I have a few firmer details from John.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:28 am

UPDATE.
The dates posted in the mag are correct,but some of the details are not.To avoid confusion:-
Tibenham not a bbq but food available from the clubhouse.
Lt Rissington not a bbq.
Sackville,bbq £10/head,need to know numbers 2 weeks before.

The response to my plea for an indication of people attending is dissapointing to say the least.I was asked to arrange Lt Rissington and have done so as a provisional location.However to confirm this fly-in I have to visit the location by road beforehand to dot the I,s and cross the T,s.This will involve a 300+ mile round trip by car and to date not one person has indicated that they intend to turn up!

I have had 2 people indicate that they may go to Tibenham from the BB.However I have had a lot of interest from microlighters! I think the reality is that there will be far more BMAA aircraft there than LAA ,which is a pretty poor show for the LAA!

Maybe I should join the BMAA. It appears to me that the amount of posts on this BB has dropped dramatically since the name debacle compared with other forums ( gliding,bmaa etc.) and poeple are only interested in coming on here to moan.

Does anyone actually want to go to LT rissington before I commit to a 300mile journey to sort it??????
John Cook

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 am

Hi John, I see where the confusion has arisen and it is my fault, I took "low key BB fly-in" from your message as meaning low key BBQ fly in, sorry I must have been feeling peckish when I read it!
I'm certainly up for all the events up to June if the weather is OK. That usually means up to about four aircraft from Farty Corner as we usually go mob handed. By about June there is a lot of choice of events in UK and abroad so I wouldn't commit to BB events, or even BBQ events from then on.
As yet I am undecided about Tannkosh. The pound has taken an almighty beating; it is less than one for one at the moment which means flying in Europe will be about a third more expensive than it was last year. What with that and there being little work in the building game at the moment it is looking like wings will have to be clipped this year.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks Brian. I take your point about the cost of foreign travel but that is where the BB can really help!
If members can be bothered to get off their a***s and give some indication of intent on here,together with details of spare seats available and others with no available aircraft but wish to co-pilot or just get a ride can be bothered to post their details,it then becomes a reletively simple task to match people up for cost shared trips.

We used to do this on a strut basis many years ago and it is amazing how many more events we were able to get to, even distributing luggage around the participating aircraft can sometimes free up seats and cost sharing can be distributed to all taking part.
John Cook

David Broom

Post by David Broom » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 am

John
Subject to the usual weather, strip conditions and aircraft serviceability caveats I intend to fly to the Tibenham, Little Rissington and Sackville events. Thanks for your efforts in putting the program together. I apologise for not bothering to 'get off my a***e' earlier and let you know.
Personally I only dip into the BB now and again since my interest waned significantly a while back when a lot of what seemed to be on here was bickering, infighting and argument. This is not a criticism, just an observation from my own perspective which led to a decrease in my enthusiasm for regular visits. Each to their own.

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi JC,
I would have liked to have come to Tibenham, but now Ive got my roster, I see I will be working. Hopefully get March 21 off, as Id like to go to Little Rissington. Probably wont make Sackville as we should be at Sun+Fun by then. I can certainly recommend their BBQ, it was superb at the VAC fly-in last year.

thx for your hard work!

Alan Crutcher

Post by Alan Crutcher » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I'll try for the Little Rissington and possibly the Sackville Farm events. Tibenham is a bit far for me at this time of year.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 am

Just to bring this subject back to the top.First one next week Tibenham.See fly in forum for details.
John Cook

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 am

Good luck JC hope you get good weather :!:

Rod1

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am

Tibenham was a roaring success,you can get the details on other threads.
The next one is LT Rissington. I had to drive there to confirm this one,which entailed a 300 mile road trip.All I ask is that those that asked for it will support this venue to make my trip worthwhile.

The details are posted on the fly-in forum.
John Cook

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 am

I have now been approached by the organiser for Project Propellor. If you are interested in being part of the "BB Wing" PLEASE contact me NOW!! so that we can organise it. See FLY-IN sticky for details.
Also please remember next months fly in is a BBQ and we will need numbers for catering.
See you at LT Rissington!
John Cook

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 am

I have now been approached by the organiser for Project Propellor. If you are interested in being part of the "BB Wing" PLEASE contact me NOW!! so that we can organise it. See FLY-IN sticky for details.
Also please remember next months fly in is a BBQ and we will need numbers for catering.
See you at LT Rissington!
John Cook

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:57 am

Just had phonecall via RAF.LT Rissington Cacelled.Not much time to spred the word, They will put it on the Devonair website >
Please spread the word if you know anyone that was going.
John Cook

David Broom

Post by David Broom » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:03 pm

John
Following our chat about project propeller at Turweston today I did a bit of research and I am keen to be involved so put my name on the list if you can.

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:34 pm

From another thread it seems that there will be a BB fly-in at Fenland this coming Saturday 21 March instead of the cancelled Lt. Rissington. did I read that correctly. If so perhaps we can start another thread on "Hangar chat" to publicise it a bit more.
Hope to be there weather permitting