Norwich bids for Lebensraum

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Brady

Post by John Brady » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 pm

The end of the replies is nigh. Tomorrow is the end. If you have not done it yet you should be ashamed of yourself. But redemption is at hand if you just go to http://tinyurl.com/lcd2fk and send a response.

You know it makes sense.

Not much more
Opportunity to
Respond so
Will you
Instantly send a
Consultation reply and you will go to
Heaven for sure. Honest

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Done ----- and link sent to friends of mine too.
Steve

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Did mine a while back.

Rob Freestone

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Did it the other day (but haven't had an acknowledgment. Should I even expect one from the CAA?).
Nic Orchard

tnowak

Post by tnowak » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 am

E-mailed yesterday, but no acknowledgement.
Tony Nowak

Bill Scott

Post by Bill Scott » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:48 am

Done.

My commnication drew attention to LAA response. I also pointed out that the 'Swanton Box' being placed under MOD control as a regular procedure is clear evidence that they don't need CAS ! Reckon that NIA shot themselves in the foot on this application.

Well done John, I like your abrupt response to a deliberatley misleading CAS proposal. When do we get a chance to 'review' Finningley Int'l ?

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm

In the time honoured tradition of doing things at the last moment I have just emailed the address stated in the article.

and only then realised that the email address belongs to Norwich Airport.

What chance any of the objections will ever see the light of day.

Surely we should have written direct to the CAA

this is a bit like these emails we get

mailto://hsbc.com.someblokeinnigeria.com
Peter Diffey

Rich Valler

Post by Rich Valler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Pete D: I’m glad I’m not the only one! I too sent my e-mail today .......

In “another place”, someone who claims to have had some involvement in the proposal, and lists his occupation as ATCO (draw your own conclusions!) posted to the effect that Norwich airport authorities are responsible for all costs of the consultation, every response is collated by them and sent to the CAA, and the latter imposes and regulates checks and balances to ensure fair play, with appropriate penalties if proven otherwise. Make of that what you will!

Mind you the same poster has also made what I regard as an offensive personal tirade against one particular highly experienced and reasoning objector, and has been ‘outed’ for one specific post being somewhat economical with the truth. Make of that what you will!

Rich

Norfolkjohn

Post by Norfolkjohn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Concerning how NIA are funding the consultation and (if they get away with it) the implementation of CAS this is taken directly from their web site :

"Where is my £5 Airport Development Fee going?

Future investment that the ADF will support includes:
- Establishment of controlled airspace to enable more efficient management and routing of the increased level of flights "

In other words the £5 they rip off from each passenger is going to fund the CAS proposals. Interestingly they managed to upgrade the tower and refurbish half the terminal with a £3 per head ADF ! I would have thought that there were plenty of better things to spend the £5 per head on that totally unecessary CAS !
John Allan

Bill Scott

Post by Bill Scott » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Are they required to acknowledge all responses? I have heard nowt from them. It would be good to be able to check with the authorities that the objections have been properly logged.

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I have just received a standard 'Dear Consultee' email acknowledgement from Mr Burch following my representation dated 27th August 2009.

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Got mine from Mr Burch this morning!
Roger Callow

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Ditto. Ahhh! the power of the web.

Norfolkjohn

Post by Norfolkjohn » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 am

I sent my comments / objections about a week before the consultation closed and got an acknowledgement the following day. I also e-mailed my comments to my local MP - Keith Simpson - who is MP for Mid Norfolk and was listed in the Consultation Document. I got an acknowledgement from his office within a couple of hours and this morning got a letter from him which reads as follows :

"Thank you for your e-mail about the establishment of a controlled airspace around Norwich International Airport. I have received other letters of concern similar to yours.

I understand your specific anxieties and I am writing to the General Manager at Norwich Airport putting to him a series of questions. As soon as I recrive a reply I will let you know.

Yours sincerely, Keith Simpson"
John Allan