Security Risk

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Gary Carr

Security Risk

Post by Gary Carr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

HI ALL,
Has anybody ever experianced this before!
I have just purchased a gyrocopter over in ireland when i got to the ferry terninal i was asked by the security did the copter have any petrol in it i replied no!
After the inspection by this security guard looking for petrol which he never found said i was clear to enter the terminal!
when i was waiting for the ferry he came up again and said to me if there would have been petrol in the gyrocopter he would have stopped me coming over back to the UK unless it was emptied! he said this goes for all microlights now!!!
Is this so we dont get petrol back to the uk without paying any duty on it!
AS there are plenty of cars..motorbikes..vans.. these are never emptied!
has this ever happened to you! :(

Gary.
Updated
1st aircraft... TST Thruster MK1
Second aircraft... challenger II
Third aircraft .......Gyrocopter 2 place....... And i am still on the ground!...
LAA.PRA.BRA...

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 pm

This is typical of some ferry companies, I used to go to the IOM TT race with my bike and they used to drain your tank FOR SAFETY, but all the cars went over unchecked. The blokes at the tterminal never had to buy petrol as that lot lasted them all for the year. So one in the Elfin-Safety dept thinks your petrol is more dangerous than a tankful thats in cars.

Derek

Post by Derek » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I recently brought a gyro from Scotland to Ireland. I had no problem with the petrol in it but the police in Cairnryan did question my sanity for flying a gyro!

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Is someone smuggling gryrocopters back and forth to Ireland?

Gary Carr

scotland to ireland

Post by Gary Carr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:44 am

Hi All,

Looks like there is a sale on gyrocopters beetween ireland and scotland!
they are brilliant machines!
one flew over here to the airport at stornoway but i missed it ....i was down at the S.A.C. in perth!
if there are any gyro pilots on here it would be nice to hear from you!

Gary
LAA.PRA.BRA....
Updated
Third aircraft .......Gyrocopter 2 place....... And i am still on the ground!...
LAA.PRA.BRA...

Gary Carr

update

Post by Gary Carr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 am

I went down to perth to see if i could get a flight with a chap who has a gyrocopter down there at the scotish Aero Club but sad to say the weather stopped play at the S.A.C but managed to get some good pics of the various aircraft there including the spitfire!..so all was not lost!
If anyone is going down there use the skylodge exelent value for the money and no security problems!

G.
Updated
LAA.PRA.BRA...