Excellent service for permit renewal

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

dlicheri

Re: Excellent service for permit renewal

Post by dlicheri » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:05 pm

I say ...

yes, quite happy to share but not sure if the forum is the place to do that.

email me privately if you would like to discuss ...

d
Dino Licheri

P5151

Re: Excellent service for permit renewal

Post by P5151 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Ooooer!

I seem to have stirred the hornets nest!!

Firstly let me make it clear that I am happy that all the LAA staff work hard to enable us to carry on our hobby. Francis and his team work tirelessly to keep us safe for which I am truly grateful.

I am also now aware that work has been being carried out to get the mod system in order by Andy Draper which should improve things. I believe that the problem is what has been alluded to above that there has been an over complicated system. Where mods have been carried out with success that unless they have been requested to be listed as standard mods the next time the same mod is requested it is looked at again rather than it being a paperwork exercise as it should be.

We need an administrative system that records every mod against aircraft type so our engineers do not go over the same ground time and again.

We as members can help by providing evidence of satisfactory mods, I recently did this with a prop and ignition system on my RV4. Before the mod was submitted I had evidence of engines air frames with the same mod. We should also think twice before applying for a mod, I have seen some things that were modified which in my view was a pointless exercise.

Again, I want to make it clear my criticism was not aimed at our engineers they are overloaded with work and do a great job. Rather the association needs to aim resources to make sure our staff are able to record mods in a way that means a repeat of that mod is just a paperwork exercise, and provide the computer and man power resources to do this.
Steve Arnold