Interesting rumour.....

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:55 pm

There is always the optimistic approach: that having the ex-BMAA CTO working for LAA Engineering might lead ultimately to strengthened links between the organisations...
PS: Please don't leave, Jeremy! :cry:)

BJ

BMAA CTO

Post by BJ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi old Hairy Chops... suprised to see me on here I bet.. :-)

Brian was right that the BMAA have no bad feeling at all regarding the LAA poaching Jon.. it was the obvious thing for them to do in an attempt to scupper our, the BMAA, efforts to gain VLA approval. A business decision which has a £ sign attached it it for the LAA members but a business decison none the less. I am sure the EC has done the maths and feels the price was worth paying.

Whilst a few days ago I thought it may have scuppered VLA for the BMAA too, in the short term, but, as things appear to be panning out, quite the reverse may be the case - least said at this stage I think.. cannot have two poachings in the same month..

BJ
(sorry THS - if you want a prop sorting out make the application for the attention of Francis, eh)..
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
Coyote912 - but thinks Flexwings are the best.
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

BJ

Post by BJ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Aye business now in its new premises and the house move is, erm, moving.. only another 6 weeks worth of builders, then kitchen, bathroom, decorating, conservatory...zzzz

Could not come at a worse time really whilst I am flat out trying to get Spamfield squared away...

You coming to Spamfield this year Jez? All microlighters are welcome you know.. I have brought in one of those ducking stool things where you buy sponges to throw at a target - if you hit the victim goes for a splash? I am sure Roger Hopkinson would be keen to sit on the stool - could be a big charity money spinner that one.. I can just see the Microlighters lining up, eh? Doh - hole in the plan.. he flys a spam can so would not be able to fly in.. ah well I am sure he would drive in as I would have to to Turweston, eh..

BJ
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
Coyote912 - but thinks Flexwings are the best.
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Jeremy, perhaps it's for the best that you move on as niggling on about this rift between BMAA and LAA does little good in either camp. I am sure that folks have made gaffs from time to time, but I am a theory X guy, and believe that folks in both camps are nice guys doing their darndess to get some work done, there ain't no conspiracy, HRH didn't drug the driver, so lets just end the inquest and let folks get on with biz.

In your last few weeks of contributions to the BB before your membership lapses could you try and come up with some sensible positive suggestions on things that we the humble members can do to improve relations, I think we would all like to help heal the rift.
Peter Diffey

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:16 am

Thank you BJ for adding a BMAA council view. However, please let's not also run away with the idea that LAA offered a job to Jon in order to scupper BMAA's VLA intentions. Our membership survey highlighted Engineering as requiring more investment in staff to cut waiting times, something we already new to a large extent anyway. Once we knew we could afford to make that investment we announced that we wanted to employ another design engineer and were actively advertising for one.

NJ673

Post by NJ673 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 pm

I find all this rather sad really its a poor reflection on Jon Viner that some feel he or the orginisation he chooses to join should be chastised in some way from furthering joint interests and careers.

After all not much was said, as I recal, when the previous incumbent left the post for Jon to fill, or indeed when the CEO left for CAA, presumably for similar reasons?

Many folks would like to see a closer BMAA/LAA profile but regrettably as I am sure is understood, a small number are dead set against any such move. Those seem to hang onto any excuse to cause further devide rather than work for togetherness.

The true way forward is to stand for Council/EC election so commited individuals can have a meaningful platform to implement change.

Got your new plane yet BJ??

Gordon