Ray Hilbourne

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ColinC

Ray Hilbourne

Post by ColinC » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:38 pm

This came to me via Lynn Williams and I thought it warranted posting here too:

It is with sadness that I report the death of Ray Hilborne.

He was a stress engineer with a wide grasp of aeronautics and a passion for aeroplanes of character of whatever era. He designed and stressed many fine replicas in his time including Edwardian aeroplanes forThose Magnificent Men, fighters for Blue Max, the fabulous Supermarine S5 and Spitfire replicas and more recently provided the stress analysis for the little Flitzer sport biplane as well as providing a service to the world of commercial and military aviation.

His funeral service will take place in the West Wiltshire Crematorium, Devises Road, Semington, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 6HL at 3.15 on Tuesday February 26th.

The aviation community will miss him.

Lynn

Ernest Lear

Post by Ernest Lear » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm sad to learn of Ray Hilborne death.

Now I'm interested in the name Lynn Williams who pass this information on. I knew a Lynn Williams back in the 1970s when I was working as a design engineer in London. We both worked in the same office. This Lynn Williams I then knew was kill in a flying accident one weekend with her husband Neil, the aerobatic ace. They was flying a WW2 German bomber back from Spain to Blackbushe for the airfield owner Doug Arnald when they unfortunately flew into the ground in Spain. I was just wondering if this Lynn William is any relation to the late Neil & Lynn Williams that I knew back then.

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:33 pm

This Lynn is Neil's brother and designer of the Flitzer.
Stuart Macconnacher

Ernest Lear

Post by Ernest Lear » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Thank you Stuart. I was just wondering.
Ernest