The Berlin Wall?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

BJ

The Berlin Wall?

Post by BJ » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Yes Gordon (and it wont be long before a certain Easy Raider is sat outside and in weather like tonight that would mean over about three fields) - its currently at Baxby waiting for the wind to drop.. Still want to know who to send the hangarage bill to for it by the way..

Brian, by the way, the other one has bells on it.. Jon did a great job in sorting out the BMAA turnaround times from Months to Minutes for which he is to be congratulate.. highly.. not as subjective as I would have liked but hey ho. .. and.. its my opinion not the opinion of the BMAA Council - not big enough nor pompous enough to speak for the collective.

The BMAA and the PF.. oops, sorry... LAA have different customers, to a point, and different mind sets which, yes, has blurred since upping to 450kg but I for one still see the need for two organisations fighting for what they can get for the best of their own membership. The PFA, as was, won some and the BMAA won others - we, the BMAA, lost in the NPPL medical certification ambush, for example..

I do think however, and have suggested many, many, many times that a separate limited company "Technical Services Ltd" or whatever be formed to handle all the more delicate sides to our businesses. That way we stand a better chance of not getting our financial arse sued by every Tom, Dick and Harriet that feels badly done by. It would cost both associations more in the short term but, in the long term, I think it would be to both the BMAA and the LAA's advantage.

Let me paint another senario that I have voiced far too often - imagine an airfield, and lets say Sywell just for the sake of it, where the BMAA and LAA and BGA and all have offices side by side, if not in the same building, with a shared technical resource.. Each with its CEO and Council/EC who can "pop next door" to square things away.. A UK aviation center of excellence - together.. but separate.. Identities preserved, ego's (and all sides have more than enough of those) undented..

Merger = hot needles in testicles and boiling p*ss.. but the above..?

Possible? Yes. Just needs the political will. Does either side have the political players who wish such a thing? Now thats the real question innit..

BJ
PS - stop knocking Jeremy.. I know he has a beard but at least he is not ginger or flys a spam can.. ;-)
PPS - Maybe I should wait a year and stand for EC, eh? Lol - wonder if that would have the same effect, and email's at random, as when Keith Negal stood for the same..:-)
PPPS- and why does "post reply" always create a new topic!!!
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
Coyote912 - but thinks Flexwings are the best.
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

John Dean

Re: The Berlin Wall?

Post by John Dean » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 am

BJ wrote:PPPS- and why does "post reply" always create a new topic!!!
Just run a couple of tests and can't replicate the problem with either of the "Post Reply" buttons.

BJ

Testing post reply to "The Berlin Wall"

Post by BJ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:06 am

Testicles, testicles, one, two, three...
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

BJ

Post by BJ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:07 am

..now confused.. blooming thing would not play ball yesterday.. still, all's well that ends well, eh.
John Moore
BMAA Council Member