Free Landing Coupons.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:20 pm

I think that the fact that you know that an event is happening in the first place is more than a reason to go... don't think that people are narrow minded to make a decision to go/not to go on the basis of a free landing fee??? or are they??
I set up a basic website here in ireland at http://www.IrishFlyin.com that seems to get all the guys out, fly-in's well attended and it seems to work.
The vouchers would be a good promotional tool.

Jon

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:56 pm

There seems to be some confusion over landing vouchers and fly-ins and the two are completely separate. If there is a fly in it is on a specific day or weekend and people decide to go to that event. The voucher is usually valid for a calendar month and you go whenever the fancy takes you during that month, there may well be nobody else there at all.

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm not sure that ten quid or so makes enough difference in the grand scheme of things to choose another airfield over an organised fly-in.

They're an "excuse" not a "reason" to go somewhere in my book! A fly-in is a better excuse still...

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 am

It depends whether or not there is a fly-in to go to doesn't it. We're not exactly spoiled for choice this time of year. A tenner not making much difference? It's better as fuel in my tank for another half an hour's flying than in somebody else's pocket I think.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:41 am

Unfortunately too late for the March issue of LA came news that Helfpenney Green is offering half price landings over the Easter weekend (March 21st - 24th). They have a voucher that they ask you print out and present, I don't have a clue how to reproduce that here so I'll ask Penny to put it onto the website. Micros £3.50, light singles £5, and twins £12.50 with the voucher.

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 am

Nothing on the Wolverhampton Halfpenney Green website

Or is there realy a place called Helfpenney Green :D

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:50 am

Well if you're getting picky it's Halfpenny :D

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31 am

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Whatever it's called and however you want to spell it, the press release and voucher is now on the home page of the website.
What happened to the rather pretentious Wolverhampton International Airport monicker?

Tony Harrison-Smith

Post by Tony Harrison-Smith » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Just a quick note, the voucher does not appear on the web page, only a blank box.

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Brian Hope wrote:It depends whether or not there is a fly-in to go to doesn't it. We're not exactly spoiled for choice this time of year. A tenner not making much difference? It's better as fuel in my tank for another half an hour's flying than in somebody else's pocket I think.
I suppose so. Except that if the "other person" is a lovely friendly little arifeild where I can drop in and get a good bit of cake, and coffee and a warm welcome and some watching of pretty aeroplanes then I'm quite happy for them to have it.

A voucher will swing it over somewhere without, but a fly in will often swing it over a voucher (if you see what I mean), was what I was failing to get across.