Latest LA mag.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

MikeGodsell

Latest LA mag.

Post by MikeGodsell » Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 pm

LA mag May issue.
The magazine gets better & better, really enjoyed reading the latest May issue. Fascinating facts about alternative engines from Francis.
Wish I had some flying relatives to visit in N Zealand as per Oliver Smith!
Many thanks Brian for all your efforts as editor of LA. :D

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm

What mag? :(

Rod1

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Sat May 02, 2009 8:24 pm

The mag was indeed excellent this month. the photos of the midget mustang were spectacular. Great job as always Brian.

Rod1. I think your mag has been delayed because you referred to Brian as "Woody"!!! :lol: :lol:

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun May 03, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks for the kind words guys, delighted that the mag is hitting the spot. As part of our marketing drive, 5000 additional copies have been printed this month which will be going out to targeted LOOP readers with an LAA information pack. Follow up contacts will also be made, so fingers crossed that we attract a few more members.
LAA Today is also well on the way and should go to press in the next couple of weeks. 30,000 will be printed, 23K of which will go out with LOOP and 7K will be for LAA use at shows and events over the next twelve months. The LAA Today costs us nothing, it is paid for and distributed by LOOP who aim to cover their costs by selling the advertising, not easy in the current market. I'm sure members will join me in thanking LOOP for their continued commitment to the LAA. Our relationship is not simply supplier and customer, they have a genuine passion for aviation and will always go that extra mile for us.

Rich Collins

Post by Rich Collins » Sun May 03, 2009 10:36 am

I've got to agree with the comments on the excellence of this months mag.
The NZ article took me straight back to my recent holiday on the South Island. I hadn't intented to go flying as part of the trip but chanced upon
this outfit, www.uflyextreme.co.nz, at Motueka and decided to have go. My first experience of aeros - in an open cockpit Pitts S2 - in a clear blue sky over the wonderful NZ coast was something I'll never forget.

Must clear the garage and get started on that Midget Mustang