Bulletin Board members usage.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 am

Well this is the first time I've been able to post on the new BB. Firstly the reply to post page just kept hanging? Still don't know why, but in the end I had to install firefox as windows IE on Vista just wouldn't work with a few sites including the BB. Then, I couldn't remember my password and despite numerous password reminder requests, none have been recieved. The lost login says a new password will be sent, but it never turns up. I've tried about a dozen times over the last month and in the end gave up. The only way in the end was to re-register. I wonder how many others have been affected this way? It nearly put me off bothering!

Ivan
________
Drug Testing Kit
Last edited by ivanmanley on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob F

Bulletin Board Message Usage

Post by Bob F » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Welshman,

Good research work, maybe some members are reluctant to post a topic but like reading the BB. Why don't we have a "Comms Check" & let those members who have registered for the BB just post a message saying who they are, their particular interest & their location? Couple of lines, that's all. Once they have done it once, the second post will be easier. The more that take part, the more useful & stronger the BB will be.

Bob

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 pm

50% is actually an astoundingly high proportion if that's the case. Most online newsgroups/mailing lists/bboards/forums are 90% "lurkers" I've always been told.

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:23 pm

leiafee wrote:50% is actually an astoundingly high proportion if that's the case. Most online newsgroups/mailing lists/bboards/forums are 90% "lurkers" I've always been told.
Your proportions are thereabouts the proportions I observed on car owners' club forums I was a member of.

Some just don't feel comfortable speaking to others via a keyboard, a few don't think manners/social skills are required on forums, some will keep quiet unless they decide to answer a particular question and some only pop their heads up when they need help with something, then vanish as soon as they have it.

Some forums I've used have had a Welcome/Introductions section where people can introduce themselves, tell people where they are and maybe what they're building/looking to buy/already fly.

Good for networking the last bit there :wink: :)