Travel Insurance

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

tnowak

Travel Insurance

Post by tnowak » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Any recommendations for companies providing annual travel insurance including cover while flying?
Tony Nowak

Rich Valler

Post by Rich Valler » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Tony, I have an annual travel policy through Traffords (who also insure my Champ) which covers non-commercial fixed-wing flying. Cost was £160 for myself and my wife. Note this does not include aircraft renters insurance. Thankfully I have not needed to claim, so cannot comment on that perspective - however, Traffords do seem to have a good reputation.
Rich

Kelvin Denize

Insure and go!!

Post by Kelvin Denize » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:10 pm

I use insure and go, I have to ring them every time I want to rent but the prices per day are something like £1.50 for Europe and £3.00 for the USA. The cost of the basic travel insurance is about £60 for a year for a family and I just add on the days as I need them.

For some strange reason Virgin travel insurance will NOT cover pilots at all dispite Richard Brandson being a rather big aviation enthusist. I wrote to him to ask why and am still waiting on a reply 1 year later.

Renters insurance is more problimatic, are you planning a USA trip pre chance??? When??
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

rtl_flyer

Post by rtl_flyer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 am

I have travel insurance with Traffords. About £180 for me and partner.

It covers use flying our a/c. If I am injured etc pays for flight home, sorage and costs to recover a/c.
Also cover my 'normal' holidays, WORLD WIDE for the year including ski cover.

For the amount of travel I do it works out very good value.
Tim Richardson.