Airfield landing vouchers.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Kelvin Denize

Airfield landing vouchers.

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Why does every pilots magazine come with free landing vouchers except the LAA one?

When will we get some too?
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:28 pm

Mishek,
If you scroll down the page you'll see that I have already proposed that we should persue this - see "Free Landing Coupons"

Bill.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Mishek, I raised this suggestion at a Marketing Committee meeting a week or so ago, and at today’s National Council meeting asked Strut representatives to talk to airfields in their areas to try and get them to free landing vouchers for Light Aviation magazine. My hope is that we can run a very similar scheme to that in other publications, i.e. landing vouchers valid for one calendar month for maybe four airfields.
Readers of this BB with contacts at their local airfields might like to consider also making approaches. Once a positive acceptance of such an idea has been made, pass on the contact details to me so that I can talk to the specific airfield and arrange a particular month.
I really do want this idea to get off the ground, and I am sure many members would like it too, but I simply do not have to time to personally cold call every airfield in the UK to make it happen. As a member organisation, many of you doing your little bit can make this happen.
Points to stress are that this is a win win situation. The LAA member gets a free landing, and he is likely to buy fuel and eat/drink at the airfield, plus if he likes the experience he may well return on another occasion and pay for the privilege. I look forward to getting some positive feedback - [email protected]