We do not always get a hard time on PPRUNE!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/40 ... 450hp.html

Rod1

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

I particularly like this quote from that thread

Reading this thread, if the LAA becomes much more popular it will have to be called the Popular Flying Association. :lol:

PS. LAA member who thoroughly endorses all the previous good words.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Rod . good job, what with the comments on Flyer as well I reckon we ought to take over as PR. I spoke to PH just before these posts and he is happy with the results.

What with all the good news and the fly ins to get a chance to spread the gospel face to face, this should be the year that every single ppl in this country at least gets to know of the existance of the LAA.

As an aside to my post on flyer ref licence revalidation, we are now in the throws of arranging a national register of instructors, some of whome are already LAA coaches.This can only help pilots to realise that the LAA are here to benefit all, and to emphasise the LAA's position as the leading light in UK G/A.

It is also very good to get feed back from some other members on these other forums. The only sad thing is that all this good is coming out of other forums and not this one.
John Cook

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 pm

No point trying to spread the good news on a member’s only forum, you are not going to get new members.

Rod1
Last edited by Rod1 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob F

Post by Bob F » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Rod,

Good one, well done.
Bob Farrell

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 pm

J.C.

I have put a post on the Flyer forum stating that I am happy for ALL PCS Coaches to go onto this list.

Also if you would like a coach to be in attendance, for Class Rating Revalidations and advice, at the BB Fly-Ins that you are organising, please contact me.

I am in the process of arranging a new introductory offer for those who are not members who wish to use the Pilot Coaching Scheme - news shortly.

Regards,

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Simon Ring

Post by Simon Ring » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Wow, What a change to see so many positive remarks for an organisation that does its upmost to keep GA alive in this country.

No one organisation can be perfect all the time, but with the limitations that are imposed on the aviation community in this country by the so called safety minded members of the EU, the LAA shouts load and clear to ensure we survive.

Well done to all and keep up this brillient PR broadcast to encourage as many people to join and strengthen what is a fantastic community

Simon

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:13 pm

cookie,thanks for that,I was thinking along the same lines and in fact one stage further.
I intend to try to give a landing fee waiver to anyone joining the LAA at any of our BB fly-ins.
I have yet to clear this with HQ but am very pleased with the way things are shaping up this year so far.
This could be the year of the LAA !
John Cook