VAC fly-in Old Sarum this Sunday 14 Feb

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nigel Hitchman

VAC fly-in Old Sarum this Sunday 14 Feb

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 am

As it doesnt seem to have been mentioned anywhere else..

Hope to see lots of people there!

JohnMead

Post by JohnMead » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Not me, as there will be parachuting during the fly-in :(

Dave Boxall

Post by Dave Boxall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Did anybody go?

I popped into Old Sarum mid-afternoon yesterday (in a non-vintage RV) and there weren't any vintage aircraft there. did nobody turn up or had they all gone by 3pm.

Dave

Martin Ryan

Post by Martin Ryan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Dave yes I was there in my Stinson from about 11 am until 1300 then home to watch the rugby(,no comment on ow that was!). Lovely flight home with Tornado steaming the other way down from Warminster adding to the fun. catch you next time. Cheers Martin

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm

must have just missed Martin, we arrived just after 1300, but in my RV as we werent sure of the weather and its easier to outrun the rain in the RV!
Saw you taxi in Dave, we were walking over to see Terry Francis's Escapade/Kid workshop, intending to have a look at you RV on the ways back, but when we came out you were just taking off!
I think there were only 10-15 visitors unfortunately, due to the weather forecast and actual weather anywhere to the east. But we did get a visitor from Guernsey for the fly-in, he had good weather all the way.

Rich Valler

Post by Rich Valler » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:01 pm

I had planned to fly to Sarum from Goodwood, but the Prob40 RASN local TAFs, and the actual rain that quickly turned to sleet and then to snow flurries put me off somewhat, before I left home! There is always another day....

Alan Crutcher

Post by Alan Crutcher » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I arrived sometime after 1:30pm and Old Sarum looked little different to any other Sunday with just the odd vintage/classic aircraft there. Sorry to have missed Martin but good to have met others.

The flights there and back were excellent.

The non-attendance of many from the east was understandable, given the weather forecasts (and actuals?).