Mays LAA Mag????

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

GRF7R7

Mays LAA Mag????

Post by GRF7R7 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 am

I hope I am not pre-empting but, Brian (our editor)is still in Florida enjoying the closing day at Sun and Fun. As things stand, by this time tomorrow he will have just started walking, 3300 miles, give or take the odd 100. At Brian's speed, say 5 miles a day. Oh dear, the mag might be late!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he has his lap top, I know John has. Enjoy the walk lads.

By the way, you're both at the back of the hanger now. :D

Graham Hammond

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 pm

You are right on one count - it certainly looks like we are going to be stuck here for a while. We are supposed to be leaving Tuesday but that looks very unlikely. There are plenty of other LAAers in the same boat too but the problem of thousands of people stuck on the wrong side of the Atlantic has hardly made the US news at all though.
The May magazine should still come out as planned though, much of it was finished before I left, and as long as I can keep in touch with the publisher's by email all should be well.

Alan Cooper

Post by Alan Cooper » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Brian sorry to hear your plight I recommend frequent visits to a Hooters establishment for lycra delivered Wings ,curly fries blue cheese sauce and a pitcher of beer.Life won,t seem so bad then!!My best guestimate is late next week,who are you booked with?? chin up.VBR Alan

John Dean

Post by John Dean » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Just flown from Orlando to Detroit and flight to LHR is expected to leave shortly. We have been very lucky, many LAA members still remain in Florida.

Hooters would do my heart rate no good at all and I have my medical soon!! Some of the Hooters waitresses were at Sun'n'Fun in their "uniforms".