Flying to Spain

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Ken Raven

Flying to Spain

Post by Ken Raven » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Does anyone know of any problems (beuracratic) of flying a Permit Cub down the East coast of Spain (mode S equiped) and any nice flying clubs, to avoid overnighting at Barcelona or Valencia etc, Cheers

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:24 pm

no help to this question, but at the moment it seems you cant get as far as Spain, as you cant fly your Permit Cub in France, or at least under a blanket exemption, perhaps you can get an individual approval. Apparently all factory built permit aircraft have this problem at present and it was an oversight in the previous agreement. Im sure others know more than me!

Peter Harvey

Flying factory built Permit aircraft in France

Post by Peter Harvey » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Please refer to the LAA website and new item about flying factory built Permit aircraft in France.
    There has been a very recent clarification from the French authorities confirming LAA amateur built Permit aircraft can fly without further permission. However, factory built Permit aircraft currently require individual permission. The LAA team headed by Roger Hopkinson have confirmed agreement with the DGAC to provide an exemption for LAA permitted factory built. Until that exemption is in place, LAA HQ are assisting with individual applications to DGAC to fly in France.
    www.laa.uk.com - most recent news item with further details.
    Pete Harvey
    LAA CEO

CH

Post by CH » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Ken,

e-mail this guy; Pérez Pérez Carlos <[email protected]>. He's the bloke who issues clearances and works in the Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aerea. I got a reply/permission last time I went there within 48 hours. Give him the dates you intend to be there (add a bit of flex as they don't seem too fussed how long you ask for) and the a/c reg. Thats it. I did however send my request in Spanish (babelfish web site will translate text you type in for free - as I haven't got a word of thier lingo)

Cheers,

Charlie Huke

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Ken,
    I was based in Southern Spain for a couple of years with my (then) PFA Permit Taylorcraft. I flew it down the east coast via Perpignan. You ask about decent strips; Sabadell (near Barcelona), Muchamiel, Castellon de la Plana (right on the beach), spring to mind as good stops. Enjoy!