Flyer topic on all LAA permit aircraft owners needing to be

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Well if you wish to take on HMG & fuel tax !!!
and use the EAA as a shining example
OR threaten Barrister views [Are you one ?]

But those sums are surely about a whole new build which is a totally different kettle of fish to the current discussion on pros & cons of annual renewal services.

As others have explained on this thread, the CAA offer a perfectly adequate annual Permit alternative for large owner groups where a majority wish to ignore the LAA.

A Permit via the LAA is not a God given right for all & sundry.

Chris B
Site Admin

Post by Chris B » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Following on from my letter to Roger Hopkinson and the EC meeting on Friday, it has been recognised that there are some valid issues that need to be addressed regarding Group Ownership/Rule 13B.

I think it fair to say that the Rule Change, when proposed at the AGM 4 years ago, was not as well thought through as it could have been. There is scope for improvement.

Roger has asked me to work with Graham Newby to initially collate the issues and concerns that members and non-members have raised thus far, which I have agreed to do.

When we know the scope of the problem we will be in a better position to find a solution that is fair to all and makes good sense to the Association as a whole.

Please feel free to PM me with any additional concerns you have re Group Ownership of a Permit Aircraft and I'll see that they are considered. For example: What is the situation regarding non capital shares in Permit Aircraft. Is this considered to be a Group?? Are the Exemptions to membership defined? etc.

I hope that you don't mind me getting involved with this, but given the shortage of resource at HQ it does seem to offer a way forward and I'll do my best to seek a resolution.

Regards,

Chris B

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Chris B

Well done! It may be worth you reading through the old thred on the PFA site, it had a long list of issues.

Rod1

flyin'dutch'

Post by flyin'dutch' » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Chris,

Thanks for taking this up and trying to sort it out.

It is good that there are some people in the LAA who are willing to listen to members raising valid concerns rather than the navel gazing which some on this BB seem to excel in.
Frank Voeten

jangiolini

Post by jangiolini » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:13 pm

I was under the impression that in order to be an owner of a LAA permit aircraft you need to be a member! What is wrong with expecting the members of a group to also be members of the LAA?
I would and do object to non LAA members getting the use of our permit system!
If they want the convenience then pay for it! It seems easy enough and it isnt expensive!
Some people are such skinflints and I was led to believe us Scots were tight! If they really are worried about the cost then why not allow a lesser membership without the Magazine but even the cost of the membership is about what a magazine subscription would cost!
I am really fed up with whinging free loaders!