Hangar Security

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Richard Boyton

Hangar Security

Post by Richard Boyton » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Some time ago, I came acroos a small firm that provided security for light aircraft in different hangars, via this site

There was a base unit and each satellite could have whatever method of detection (pressure, movement sensors etc) they wanted and the person that was selling them was an LAA member. The costs were very reasonable

My gliding club was turned over this week and we would love to get in touch with the person making these alarms/security systems

Any help, much appreciated

Richard

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Richard,
I think you mean these guys: http://www.eezicam.co.uk/ the only problem is that their website now refers to their aircraft weighing service, but I suggest you call the phone number given. The site was all about their camera systems the last time I looked!

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:05 am

Joe Iszard

Post by Joe Iszard » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 am

Joe Iszard

Mike Cross
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cross » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:48 pm

If it's cameras you're after try looking at www.eghf.co.uk and choose "Hangar camera" from the menu on the left.

The cameras we use have build in Web Servers so they only need a Network Connection with access to t'Internet and some power (Power over Ethernet in our case).

The camera incorporates motion detection and can be triggered by motion or external sensors and it also has output capabilities to do things like turn on lights or audible alarms. It stores images on a built in SD card and can also e-mail them automatically. It has 2-way audio capabilities so you can both listen to and yell at the baddies!

PM me if they're of interest. As part of the day job we sell them and I'm sure I can find some discount for fellow LAA'ers :lol:

For complete details visit Panasonic's Website

Richard Boyton

Hangar Security

Post by Richard Boyton » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks for all the replies....just goes to show how useful the Forum can be

Thanks again

Richard