New CEO?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

gasax

New CEO?

Post by gasax » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Found elsewhere - surely not true????

The Light Aircraft Association - formerly the PFA - has appointed Peter Harvey as its new CEO, to replace Graham Newby, who announced last year that he would be standing down from the post when a suitable replacement could be found.

Roger Hopkinson, LAA Chairman, said "Following an 8 month search for a new CEO, I am pleased to announce that we have found a worthy replacement in Peter Harvey. The LAA is facing some exciting challenges and I am sure Peter is more than capable of meeting those head on."

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 pm

The fact that Graham is standing down is hardly news. So a new appointment was expected.

Welcome Peter :D

merlin

Post by merlin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Any idea when the members are going to be introduced to the new chap?

mmmm !

howell

New LAA CEO

Post by howell » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Peter Harvey, is this the Peter Harvey of Barclay's Fame?
Christopher Howell

Jim Gale

Post by Jim Gale » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:08 am

Gasax. Found elsewhere - surely not true????

If your info came from a written source other than LAA, I find it difficult to understand as to why the members were not informed before or at worst, at the same time, by way of an announcement on the front page of the LAA website and/or as a topic on the Forum board.

Hopefully someone in authority will read this and make an official announcement including telling us a little about Peter Harvey, (is this the Pete Harvey of BGA fame?), when he's likely to take the reins, etc.

Welcome on board Peter, may you have a smooth flight! :D

Jim.

gasax

Post by gasax » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 pm

It has been on the Flyer News pge since Friday. I saw it there and automatically checked the LAA no sign of it hemce the post.

I must admit I was surprised (and disappointed) there was nothing on 'our' site.

Perhaps he can help drag the snail mail types into the 21st century?

Anyhow welcome Peter!

merlin

Post by merlin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Rather hope he takes as priority reconnecting the association with its members, current and future.

Graham Newby

Post by Graham Newby » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:38 am

A full resume and notice will be in the next LAA magazine. Unfortunately Peter did not commit formally until after the press date of the current magazine otherwise it would have been there.

Graham

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:25 pm

At an NC several meetings ago, it was felt that the membership should be kept aware of initiatives and newsworthy items by some sort of electronic newsletter. There was a lot of disquiet expressed then that so much of the LAA work was hidden.

I suppose the LAA Magazine would lose some of its value if we heard of things before they are published in that, but I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to read about news when it happens, and before it becomes 'olds'.

Luckily we can get Notams and Met without having to wait for it to be published in paper form - I hear that used to happen back in the good old days.

Now this may be seen as a criticism - which it is. That's because I like to think of the LAA as a modern forward-thinking organisation, and good communications is a key part of that.

Jim Gale

Post by Jim Gale » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Dave wrote:-

Now this may be seen as a criticism - which it is. That's because I like to think of the LAA as a modern forward-thinking organisation, and good communications is a key part of that.

I second that! Can't see why a brief 'Stop Press' announcement wasn't put out on OUR website last Friday especially as it was press released to others that day. PR (public relations) includes LAA members. PR (press releases), especially those that affect the workings of the LAA, should appear on our front page first. A concise note stating the appointment would not take anything away from the detailed article in May's LA.

Jim.