Llanbedr

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Peter Anthony

Post by Peter Anthony » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm not surprised that Aberporth is not listed! Blaenanerch International would be a bit of a squeeze for Concorde. It seemed to be a bit of a squeeze for the Dove that used to ferry stuff around between Farnborough, West Freugh and there. Still it gave us apprentices some light entertainment during the obligatory Friday morning PT session.

Have a google for RAE Aberporth, Wales's answer to Cape Canaveral, locally known as the Rest And Enjoy. :wink:

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Aberporth is the only place i've been to where the tower have made me a cup of tea and cake. I've been there three times now and very friendly every time. The "Ship Inn" on the beach 20 minutes walk down the road serves the best cod and chips I tasted for a long while. You can even catch the bus back up the hill if you have over indulged. They think the TRA and ranges keeps people away but a quick phone for PPR resolves that.

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm

yep the chap in the tower at Aberporth is great and very kene to get the word out that you WILL get permission to come through the big scary looking notam :wink:

Welshcakes on with the cuppa last time I went. Yum.

Bob F

Post by Bob F » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Sounds like great news. The Welsh Assembly has given the green light for Kemble to take the lease on Llanbedr. It was reported on the BBc News Website - see link below. Still has to go through planning but looks like common sense has prevailed. What a facility, well done Kemble & David Young.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7785677.stm

Bob Farrell
Bob Farrell