Hello

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Kitch

Hello

Post by Kitch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi all, I’m a Newbie to the LAA scene and am looking at getting a bit more involved. I have been following some of the threads with interest and have now joined up as a member so I can fully participate.

I’m an aircraft enthusiast with particular interest in Avionics. If anybody in the Shropshire area has any projects and needs help I would gladly appreciate the experience in assisting or even just having a nosey around the airframe.

Look forward to meeting some of you
Cheers
Kitch
Neil Kitchen

menestrel

hello

Post by menestrel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm

hi to you neil. welcome to the club, you will find us all a friendly bunch. i live in essex so you are some distance from me but no doubt someone will need advice in your field of knowledge. make a note of the rally dates/ fly ins etc as i do its a good time to meet other members and find out your not the only nutter out there. :) regards bill
regards to you all. bill dobinson

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:30 pm

I am midlands based and would be happy to show you around my machine (MCR with glass and steam). :D Feel free to send me a PM and we can meet up at the strip. You may find this forum a bit limited in numbers, so if you are not already “in” have a look at;

http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1

Many more members post on this. :wink:

Rod1

Kitch

Post by Kitch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for that link Rod. I have been very busy trying to take in as much as I can and learn more about this strange little world of aviation.
I have only ever met a couple of GA engineers before and they are just full of horror stories about how difficult GA aircraft are.
I will definitely take you up on your little offer though, I will PM you when I find a free wkend.

Can anybody recommend a strut as I'm in between the west midlands strut and shobdon strut. I take it they all operate in the same way.
Neil Kitchen

Graham Clark

Strut Choice

Post by Graham Clark » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Neil,
Welcome to the Mafia. I think your best strategy is to identify the Struts most conveniently accessible to you, and then go along to one or more of their regular meetings or events. You will fairly quickly determine what would suit you best. Then, make your choice. There is a list of Struts on the LAA web site. Some LAA Members are members of more than one Strut. I live in Bristol, and some of our people also populate the Gloucester Strut. There is no reason why not, if you have the time and inclination. We are all fishing in the same very small pool. Each Strut is an independent self-financing unit, so there is variety of what we do and how we do it.