8.33Khz In ALL airspace

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Donald Walker

Post by Donald Walker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Tom,

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=8&pagetype=90

For it to be licenced, it first has to be approved. Dare I say it? EASA took over responsibility for approval from the CAA in 2003. However, as mentioned by John above, the CAA is still able to grant approval, but it would only be valid in the UK, because EASA ...

Tom Sheppard

Post by Tom Sheppard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Thank you.

Andrew Leak

Post by Andrew Leak » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:42 pm

All,
I think Donald has put it quite well as he is only trying pass on his knowledge (grateful for anything that doesn't get me locked up) , as I, like many, don't want to get caught up in the EASA QUANGO machine by buying the wrong thing, arguing like an idiot and then having to rip it all out later. It is important to find out as much about the legislation as one can, before wasting money on a potential white elephant and as we are all LAA members it's good to look out for each other.

Whilst I thank Mr. Hill for his humorous interjection (big fan - by the way!) I think this particular issue can be 'put to bed' now as I've got my answer to the question (thanks to Brian mostly and Donald). Unless anyone wants to continue with the thread, please carry on, but I think it's just about exhausted.

Tom, have you got anyone interested in a new strut yet? ...I can hear the barrel calling.

Andrew