Registration for the photo library

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bill Scott

Post by Bill Scott » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 am

I have no real criticism of the format of our website and forum.
The BMAA website is very active, but has its problems. They seem to be airing their dirty washing in public on a daily basis, despite having instigated a members only area. If I were considering taking up microlighting, I'd possibly be put off.
So far as the photo archive is concerned, it seems logical to have made it accessable via our forum login, but not so. I haven't bothered any further.
I have been a PFA/LAA member since 2006 and am an active member of the Breckland Strut, which provides for the social side of flying.
Membership of the Strut is very time consuming due to our facilities at Priory Farm.... I must spend an average of 3 hours in the hut for every hour spent in the air :lol:
I would liken our association to being in a trade union. What the members gain from it is directly proportional to their input. That is a broad principal which I thi k most would agree with.
However, modern life makes the simplest things increasingly complex for no apparent good reason, which is what we battle with and why I'm increasingly like Victor Meldrew.

Tom Sheppard

Post by Tom Sheppard » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:28 pm

I would be glad to see the organisation become its own underwriter. This is exactly the sort of support thatlLight aviation needs. some years ago, French motorcyclists, driven off the road by ridiculous premiums, formed their own insurance company to their enormous benefit. run at a modest profit, it would greatly assist the LAA and provide it with another reason to be valued by its members.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Steve, I'll send you a PM.
And Tom, you have made me realise what a lovely day it is so I am going for a ride on my motorbike now to enjoy some fresh air.