Olympics restrictions again - from Flyer forum

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Mike Potts

Olympics restrictions again - from Flyer forum

Post by Mike Potts » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Johnyev wrote: ps this is a piece of the proposals that I really dont like "The availability of access to this airspace will be limited by ATC capacity" I read this as effectively s.d off till mid Sept!
Many of the pilots commenting on the main tread about the Olympics restrictions may not fully understand the fact that it seems to be ATC capacity that will be the limiting factor, not the transponder you have on board.
I would expect every pilot operating below 2500ft in the London area knows how congested Farnborough becomes on a good flying day, so everyone should expect the worse.
I for one have asked to see my MP to explain our case and I would urge anyone that wants to have free access to our airspace to do the same.
I feel sending an email is pointless, have you ever had a reply to an email from your MP? Probably known better as 'pass the parcel'. If you use email at work how much actual effect does it have on you, not a lot, I would suggest. A meeting face to face is a lot more difficult to forget, there is a face for the name and greater awareness of non-verbal cues.
You have a right to see you elected represetative, please make the effort.

Mike

Chiltern Aviator

Post by Chiltern Aviator » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 am

Perhaps ask for a meeting then turn up with the maximum amount of private pilots possible to make the point?