Membership renewal

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

rogerburge

Membership renewal

Post by rogerburge » Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Does anyone else get annoyed at having to pay £4 more just because we want to be in control of our own finances?

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sat May 03, 2008 5:31 pm

To be correct, those who pay by DD pay £4 less. I also choose not to and accept that I wont therefore get the discount. It is no different to many domestic utility providers wh offer discounts for DD, it cuts down their paperwork so they offer a sweetener. Personal choice whether you take it.

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

I had a bit of a hiccup with my online renewal this year, which ended up with me receiving a reminder letter and a welcome pack complete with new membership number on the same day.

After a telephone call to the office it's sorted, and my build project has been transferred to the new number. It has meant I've been charged the new member fee rather than the renewal fee though.

I was told the problem arised because I'd changed address but someone hadn't updated the postcode on my records so the online system thought I was a new start. The magazine was always delivered with the correct address and postcode on it though :?

Basically if anyone has moved house since joining if might be wise to renew by the old fashioned methods for now?