Volunteers for Rally help in September

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nigel Ramsay

Volunteers for Rally help in September

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Guys (and Gals)

The Rally runs from Friday to Sunday, but it starts it's build-up Wednesday/Thursday.

Brian Hope, Ian Harrison and myself are as most of you know the 'Committee' (for want of a better word!) We would be very grateful for a few volunteers to help generally with the set-up, with the running and with the pull-down on Sunday afternoon. This is nothing like the old days and the work-load is very light in comparison.

We need only a FEW volunteers and we don't expect you to work right through, rather to do a shift or two on any particular day.

The easiest way we can do this is if you PM me with your offer (one day, one hour etc. and which day you prefer). It's only a couple of months away now and from experience that will fly by!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Before you ask...... We run this on a tight budget, this is a volunteer post with no perks I'm afraid, it really is a matter of "What can I do for my association", there won't be any free passes.

Also, Milton Keynes Aviation Society are looking after Airside under the auspices of Sywell. They will be happy to receive offers of help on the same basis. We aren't allowed to be involved in this from a liability point of view, so whilst I'll accept the PMs on this, I will forward them to MKAS who will contact you themselves to make any arrangements.

I look forward to hearing from you! :D

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

Well, 46 views, no comments.... and ONE volunteer. I make that just under 2% return on a marketing ad, about right I guess but come on guys, you like YOUR rally, you all said so last year.

Are there a few more of you prepared to give up a few hours or more for the Association that brought you flying and friends. It's not a chore, you'll meet a lot of like minded folk and hopefully enjoy the satisfaction of making the rally a success.

The 3 of us work all year to get this organised with the unstinting help of quite a few nameless members. It doesn't happen on it's own, all we are asking is a few hours of your time!

Bill Scott

Post by Bill Scott » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:22 pm

I'd be happy to come across and help. Will be able to confirm my time limitations (if any) towards the end of July.

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 pm

No2 Bill, thanks!

menestrel

rally help.

Post by menestrel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:10 am

i can be available for the weekend, would love to help . best regards to all. bill dobinson. :D
regards to you all. bill dobinson

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks Bill, no4! I'll be in touch nearer the day(s). It would help to know whether we are talking hours, one day or whole week-end? I stress that ANY period is great, we don't expect anyone to tie themselves up the entire week-end. 8)

johnmichie

Post by johnmichie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Nigel

I can help thursday, friday, and sunday. Saturday is our Club Members Day, always the first saturday of September. Conditional on David Hanchet sparing me.

John

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks John, you are on the list.

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

5 so far, if we aim for three daytime shifts to release each volunteer to enjoy their day, we need another 10 in very simple terms although we already have one full time offer - Come on guys, it'll be fun!

Ian L

Post by Ian L » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Nigel
I hope to be there working with MKAS so see you when you arrive 8)

Ian

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I'll be there on Thursday! But it would be good to meet up; thanks for helping.

Felipe Vizoso

Post by Felipe Vizoso » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Nigel,

I'm flying in on the Friday evening and out at Sunday lunchtime. So long as I can fit in all the usual activities as well, I'm happy to help. See you there.

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Felipe, many thanks, just come and find us by asking at the LAA stand, and we'll find something to suit you!