St Omer derogation for Annex ll aircraft

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

JohnCrabb

St Omer derogation for Annex ll aircraft

Post by JohnCrabb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Those registered for the St Omer fly-in will have received notification that a "derogation" has been granted allowing Annex ll aircraft to fly in without making individual application for permission.

I am not sure whether my factory-built Jodel with its Permit to Fly would be included in this or whether it only applies to Annex ll aircraft with a CofA.

Can anyone clarify my confusion?

John Crabb

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 am

Hi John, I have not seen the derogation but your aircraft is Annex 11 and this is not the first time that the club has arranged a derogation, or the DGAC has written one. I'd be happy to assume I was covered, but no doubt a quick email to Phillipe at the Aeroclub will ellicit an answer.

JohnCrabb

Post by JohnCrabb » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks Brian.

The main reason I am uneasy is because the terms of the derogation state certain conditions. One of these is that the aircraft must have a valid 'titre de navigabilite' which is translated in the English version to read 'certificate of airworthiness from their national civil aviation authority'.

As you suggest, I will email Philippe to see if he can shed any light.

John

Graham Clark

derogation

Post by Graham Clark » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:07 am

The French Term derogation in this case means 'blanket exemption'. Provided the aircraft has valid current documents (UK C of A, LAA Permit to Fly, Radio Licence, Insurance, Pilot's Licence, Medical etc), you are covered by the 'derogation' within the period of validity (I think one week from the Wednesday before the fly-in). It is only required for Factory-Built Annex II aircraft without an ICAO-conformal C of A. E.g. Jodels built by CEA in Dijon!

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

As the person that arranged this last year with Gilbert I can confirm that you are covered.
I am in touch with both Gilbert and Philipe and am going in an annex 11 jodel myself this year. :D
John Cook

JohnCrabb

Post by JohnCrabb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.

Johm

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi all, Graham Clark has asked me to post this mesage from St Omer Aeroclub as he is having difficuty logging on.

Dear friends,

English participants have drawn our attention to the problem of "Annex II aircraft". In reply to our request, the french DGAC has granted a special authorization for the participants to the "Jodel fly-in".

This derogation is granted to aircraft duly registered to the fly-in and covers the flights made in the context of the fly-in only (round trip and local flights). It is valid from Wednesday 7th September until Monday 12th September included.

Aircraft must be registered in the European Union and must have a valid certificate of airworthiness from their national civil aviation authority .

The authorized aircraft have to comply with the article 2 of the modified decree dated 12th September 2003 dealing with restricted certificate of airworthiness for aircraft without a valid Type Certificate Holder ('Orphan' aircraft, CDNR in french). The flying club is asked to send to the DGAC the exhaustive list of the participants, so if you are concerned please register before Wednesday 31 August (for those who have not yet registered).

Kind regards,

Gilbert MAGNIER
President of St Omer aero-club