Rallied!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:32 am

I’d just like to say thanks to all those who volunteered to help and make last weekend hugely enjoyable and successful. A fantastic 3 days, thank you.

I know the campsite team worked long and hard over 4 days, all of them worked from first thing in the morning until late at night to accommodate all the arrivals often working for hours at a time without a break. Good job done.

The only thing that put a negative aspect on the weekend was hearing of a good friend who received truly shocking threats of violence and aggression after he asked this person to be careful of the spiked umbrella he was waving about under his fabric covered wing.

Jon

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Extremely sorry to hear that Jon, I don't suppose you have any more details? Hopefully this wasn't an LAA Member!

pbflyer

Post by pbflyer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Only two suggestions for next year. More litter bins to stop people from dumping cups etc all over the exibition area. Also please ask the airport not to enforce the daft parking system which resulted in aircraft being parked at the far east end of the airfield and 400 metres or so to the next lines of aircraft. It would be much nicer to have all the aircraft parked from front to back as it were. Those are my only suggestions. Everything else I thought was excellent. Thank you to the MK group and Andre for there assistance which enabled people to get up close and personal with our aircraft.
Paul Bates

rans6andrew

Post by rans6andrew » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:12 pm

I would like to ask the organising folk why they feel it necessary to have some clown on a PA system try to involve the assembled crowd in so called "entertainment"? We were just settling down with our food and drink, in Hangar 1 on Friday evening, when it started. Looking around the room all I could see were folk trying to make themselves heard to the people sitting with them. The rally is the only time that many of us meet together and we all have some catching up to do. Because the room has the acoustic properties of a fully tiled outhouse it was very difficult to understand what the clown with the microphone was saying at the volume it was "attacking" us at.

The beer festival was a nice touch, well done whoever put that on. If I had seen that on the LAA site we would have arrived a bit earlier.

We took ourselves through to the Aviator and managed to get a table to eat our food at, conversation resumed.

Rans6....
Andrew Cattell

Rans S6 Microlight.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Andrew, it's Sywell who arrange the entertainment and on Saturday evening they actually apologised for the poor quality of the Friday night act. The Bavarian Stompers (actually from Yorkshire) went down a storm on the Saturday evening though.
Catering for all tastes is a problem, but at least at Sywell you do have the option of having a quiet drink and chat in the Aviator bar if things get too noisy in Hangar 1.

Kevin, thanks for the note re an aircraft with engine running in the Exhibition area during set up, that should not have happened. We will step up our systems next year to avoid a reoccurrence.

We do note any issues raised and include them in our Rally wash-up meeting so that we can continually improve the event and give the members the best Rally we realistically can. From the Rally Team, many thanks for coming and playing your part in making the event such a success. Roll on next year!

Jonathan Holland

Post by Jonathan Holland » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Can there be pole dancers next year?

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Mmmm.... Your Rally Team will audition a number of Pole Dancers with a view to hiring a couple for next year :lol: