Limbach RIP

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nick Allen

Limbach RIP

Post by Nick Allen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 am

The Limbach factory has announced that it is closing 15 December this year.

Richard Mole

Post by Richard Mole » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:48 pm

And the main reason given by Limbach for closure is
"Years of ever increasing regulations and requirements have been choking us. Our efforts to operate in that environment were not successful because we cannot provide the necessary resources. Additionally there are government activities that hinder our current business and we cannot make plans for the future."

As an aside, I tried to order some MS27183-50 washers from the McMaster-Carr web site in the US recently. My order was refused
"Due to the complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to only accept orders from a few, long-established customers of ours when our products may be exported overseas." It beggars belief that selling steel washers overseas need comply wth complex export regulation.

We ought to be offering civil Servants immediate retirement on handsome pensions if they find say £1 billion savings to the UK economy from eliminating regulation where impact assessments indicate no negative consequences. In other words, we must provide incentives for Civil servants to work toward a minimal framework for civil society. At the moment, careers are built within Bureaucracies by deliberately compounding regulation and there is no discernible end to this process.
Richard

MikeGodsell

Post by MikeGodsell » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Peter Limbach has sent a personal letter to every customer informing them of the closure of this family firm of more than 40 years.
That is typical of the care for customers shown by Peter and his staff, and I for one will greatly miss their help and assistance.
I remember having terrible starting problems with my Limbach L2000 engine. I changed mags, new plugs, cleaned out the carb, drained the fuel, and much else, but to no effect. In desperation I faxed Peter with the symptoms, and 10 mins later he faxed back "You have fitted the choke plate backwards, take it off and fit it properly" Sure enough it started immediately.
How sad that the proliferation of regulations has choked a fine company making very good engines, light aviation has lost out again. :x :cry: