Help For Heroes

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ROB THOMASSON

Help For Heroes

Post by ROB THOMASSON » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 am

I’m thinking of doing something for the help for Heroes next season. The plan is instead of raising money to actually give these guys a flight and a barbecue. However these are all competitive people so I thought we’d make it a bit of a competition.
The idea is to give them a series of pictures of buildings and landmarks to find from the air. They either mark them on a chart or take a digital picture to prove they found it.
Now we might combine this with a spot landing competition to make it a team event. They’d be given 1 hour airborne each so if we end up with more takers than aircraft on the day we can balance it all up. I’m based at Andrewsfield at the moment so I thought we’d do it all to the east of here.
Would anyone like to come in on this?
If so send me a PM with details of your aircraft etc

Mike Mold

Post by Mike Mold » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Rob, be sure to do this on an individual pilot basis rather than promoting it as anything to do with a Strut or the LAA and hence infringing the Association's current 3rd party flying restrictions.
Mike Mold
Jodel D112 G-BHNL
Watchford Farm, Devon
www.devonstrut.co.uk

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

You might want to move this to hangar chat, where it will get a tad more attention (possibly).

These LAA forums (fora/etc) aren't the most populated aviation circles (people busy doing useful things, maybe...), so I will suggest you think about other places too, if you've not already.
Nic Orchard