information on the Trim cable rout S-6ES .

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

andre' ciantar

information on the Trim cable rout S-6ES .

Post by andre' ciantar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 am

Hi , Re-posting this from Rans section .

I need information on the Trim cable route For my Rans S-6ES .

The instructions in the build manual say’s “ make a hole in the skin of the fuselage immediately below the right stabilizer a few inches aft of the leading edge. ” the cable exits this hole runs on the under surface of the stabilizer to the trim clamp/ bracket, with a tube clamp to support the cable at the leading edge of the elevator. ( Not a great deal of support provided for the cable , this could flap about / look untidy.)

However ; the instructions that comes with the trim kit say’s “ The cable passes through the inside of both the elevator & horizontal stabilizer , through a 5/16” hole that needs to be drilled through the stabilizer trailing edge & elevator leading edge.”

My questions are .

1) will these holes weaken the structure?.
2) As the elevator moves up & down it will bend the cable where it passes through the holes, the inner cable will not flex as it is solid wire . will this damage the cable ?
3) Has anyone else have this set up & does it work ok?

Andre'

johnmichie

Post by johnmichie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Andre

I've helped Yateley School build a Rans S6 ES and followed the manual as we got no other instructions. PM me off list and send me your phone number so we can chat.

John

johnmichie at homecall dot co dot uk