Rotax carb balancing

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mahogg

Rotax carb balancing

Post by mahogg » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:36 pm

I was wondering if anybody could recommend somebody who's good with Rotax 912's, in the Blackbushe area?

I need to tweak my idle speed and re-balance the carbs . . . not something I feel able to do (a bit close to the prop for my liking too). I would normally go down to my regular place at Shobdon, but can't sort out the time needed for that, on this occasion.

I mentioned I'm based at Blackbushe, so if there's anyone local who can be recommended to help me out, I'd be grateful of some contact details?

Thanks.

Mike.

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Right then - you must be a candidate for the Rotax 912 course set up by the LAA for Sat the 12th of this month - see other dates on page 10 of the mag.

mahogg

Post by mahogg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 pm

It's a fair comment . . . but . . . I still can't get my head around being that close to the prop! ( . . and I don't have the pneumatic balancing kit either, Excuses, excuses ! )

Besides, the next two courses are fully booked, so I'm back to my first plan.

Mike.

mahogg

Post by mahogg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

All sorted . . . with thanks to John D. from Brimpton.

andre' ciantar

2 stroke course

Post by andre' ciantar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Doe's The LAA have a similar course on Rotax 2 strokes, I inquired about a 2 stroke course with Sky drive and was told that there are no courses planed in the foreseeable future. What with E10 fuel issues on aluminum (corrosion ) & the new kid in town (912's) taking the lime light , will the 2 strokes disappear into the dark corners of our hangers.

Andre'

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 am

Andre'
Though two stroke may be going out of fashion there is a lot of life left in them yet. Direct four stroke replacements are still thin on the ground. Not to mention all the airframes out there, that cannot just swap.

If you can prove enough interest, I am sure the LAA ET would make further equiries.