The Flying Show Vouchers

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

rans6andrew

The Flying Show Vouchers

Post by rans6andrew » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 pm

I note that there is a voucher for The Flying Show inside the latest LAA mag, it is not clear whether this allows 1 member 1 reduced price entry, or 1 member reduced price entry on both days, or both parties of a joint membership 1 reduced price entry each, or both parties of a joint membership reduced price entry on both days.

Does the voucher need to be backed up with membership card(s)?

Perhaps more vouchers can be issued?

Anyone?

Rans6....
Andrew Cattell

Rans S6 Microlight.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 am

I understand there was a lot of discussion about how reduced entry for members of the favoured associations would be handled. I believe the argument against showing membership cards was that NEC staff would not have time or knowledge to check the variety of membership cards offered for their inspection, but there may well be other reasons I'm not party to.
The voucher has to be handed over with payment and there is no requirement to show your membership card. I expect it will be one person per one day ticket per voucher, so if you wish to attend for two days you will probably need to get hold of another voucher. I don't think you'd need to be particularly inventive to find another voucher.
You could ring BMAA and ask if it is possible to buy both days' entry on the Saturday I suppose. LAA has not been involved in handling the vouchers at all, they were simply inserted at the printers, I'll check on Monday but I don't believe we have any additional stocks.

Adrian Hatton

Post by Adrian Hatton » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am

Brian,
There was no voucher in my mag - could you let us know if there are any spares so I can ask the office for one please?

Cheers
Adrian

Andrew Leak

Post by Andrew Leak » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:11 pm

A whole stack turned up at my club, with no mention of any membership cards required, it's just a discount (nobody seems to know how much discount though) ticket, more to get you there, than valuable asset I suppose.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 am

I'm sorry I have not posted any further details yet, I'm still waiting to get a definitive answer from the organisers. I believe we are going to get some extras at the office but it has yet to be confirmed. More when I hear it.

Andrew Leak

Post by Andrew Leak » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 pm

The answer: £6 for an adult on production of the voucher. http://www.theflyingshow.co.uk/tickets

Hope it helps.

rans6andrew

Post by rans6andrew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 pm

If the members of all of the supporting organisations are going to get in for just £6 one wonders why they don't just set the admission price to £6 for everyone and save the costs associated with sorting out the vouchers. As I understand it, 95% of visitors to the show are members of the supporting organisations so a two tiered entrance fee seems to be a complication that just discourages potential newcomers from going in.

Rans6Andrew.
Andrew Cattell

Rans S6 Microlight.

linspuk

Post by linspuk » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:18 pm

What bothers me is that I received one voucher but my wife and I have family/joint membership, so we both have membership cards. I shall rather resent paying full price for one of us when membership discounts have been advertised, so I foresee an interesting discussion taking place perhaps at the entrance!
Lindsay Pennell