Learning from the airlines

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Following on from my article in this month's Flyer magazine, I have been invited to present at the On-Track Aviation Safety Evening at Wellesbourne on 16th February 2012. The theme of the presentation will be Single Pilot CRM, with tips and advice on how you can improve your flying.

On-Track Aviation Limited are sponsoring the Safety Evening at their home aerodrome of Wellesbourne Mountford, near Stratford-Upon-Avon. The Safety Evening is planned to last approx 2 hours and will cover a variety of topics of interest to both students and licence holders. The presentations will take place in the Wellington Room within On-Track Aviation.

* Please note that numbers are strictly limited (maximum 46 places) due to space so book early to avoid disappointment.

* Entrance fee - £3 per person payable on the night at the door

* Refreshments available

Doors open at 1915, with the expected finish time of 2130.

On-Track Aviation instructors/examiners will also be on hand to discuss with you any aspects of licencing, ratings, renewals/revalidation's, etc

I look forward to seeing you there.

BRgds,

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

cardiffrob

Post by cardiffrob » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Not sure if this would help anyone, but I'm a CAA accredited CRM instructor as well as an ATPL on Boeings. Does the LAA have any use for me? The qualification can be used outside the airline business.

Rob Thomas
Cardiff (and sometimes back in Bournemouth)
Rob Thomas

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Rob, a thoroughly applaudable gesture . Although I'm sure that this particular seminar has its speakers and contributors already appointed.

My personal feeling is that in the light of this constant forward march in technology , that CRM awareness is of absolute paramount importance these days and that this type of seminar will become very very prevalent in future.
Contributors like yourself, with experience of both commercial and grass-roots type flying would be invaluable in putting across the fundamentals of the different cockpit philosophies that exist today .

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi Rob,

Feel free to drop me an e-mail, or visit for a chat at The Flying Show.

BRgds,

Jon
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman