Planning Application by the Highland Gliding Club

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Brady

Planning Application by the Highland Gliding Club

Post by John Brady » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 am

The Highland Gliding Club at Easterton in Moray is applying to have its temporary planning permission to accept powered aircraft made permanant.

This note from the gliding club chairman explains - please give them your support.

The original permission was only temporary despite having asked for it to be permanent. We really do need this to be renewed so please do help out. We need as many comments on the system in support of the application as possible. Please go to the Moray Council website this linkand fill in the simple form:

Please go to the comments tab and put in a comment in support of the application along with some text to say why you are in favour of it. It is very simple to do, just make sure you click on the "Support" radio button half way down the form and then put your comments in the text box. Do not select any of the "Objection" options.

Please feel free to put in anything else you feel it has brought to the club.
The deadline for putting in comments is the 5th of April so please get them in early. The more we get the better so if there are any groups that you know who would be willing to help, please ask them to add comments.

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Done!

Emphasised the opportunities for visiting pilots to make use of local tourist facilities and thereby benefit the local economy.
Roger Callow

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Also done, saying how it makes the area easier to visit and supports local hotels.
G. Dawes

Jeremy Liber

Post by Jeremy Liber » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Also done.

Good luck with the application and I look forward to visiting in the Jodel and maybe doing some local soaring in one of the club gliders.

John Brady

Post by John Brady » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Come on chaps - more responses to the planning authority please.

John

Paul Lawrence

Post by Paul Lawrence » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Done!

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Done.
John's right,,come on chaps, where are you .

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:09 am

Done.

I've not seen this on any other forum. Many apologies if I missed it - maybe worth a bump if it is out there, as time ticks away.
Nic Orchard

Tom Sheppard

Post by Tom Sheppard » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

Done and acknowledgement letter received.

John Brady

Re: Planning Application by the Highland Gliding Club

Post by John Brady » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Dear all,

for those LAA members that supported the HIghland Gliding Club's bid for planning permission to be able to accept powered aircraft at their strip - good news.

The Moray Council planning Committee announced that "that the application has been approved with conditions" The conditions are twofold - that the approval is only for 2 years so they need to reapply again for permanant permission and there are a whole swathe of extra restrictions applying to "electric aircraft" I thought the latter was daft in the extreme so I asked the chairman of the HGC if they were happy. He said......................

First of all, thank you for all your efforts in helping with regaining our planning permission. Your letter in particular was very good.

The electric powered aircraft restriction only refers to model aircraft because we were asking to allow permission for Powered aircraft, microlights and model aircraft all at the same time. Believe it or not, it is much harder to get permission for model aircraft because they have specific guidelines that they have to observe when coming to a decision about them.

There is no problem with full sized aircraft whether they are electric or conventionally powered. The biggest pain is we will now have to reapply again for permanent permission. Interestingly, you can watch the planning meeting online (http://connect.moray.public-i.tv/site/p ... ms&l=en_GB). The gliding club decision is about 25 minutes in and is worth watching. I read it that the Chairman was not happy with the planning officer for making us go through a second temporary term.

We will reapply soon I think whilst it is still fresh in the planning departments eyes.

Again, many thanks to you and all the LAA members who supported our application. It definitely helped as you will see from the video!

We are as happy as we could be with a temporary permission. The conditions are as they were before so no loss there.

Best regards

Robert Tait

Chairman

So you see that the large numbers of supporters against the 6 objectors probably made a difference and another airfield is available. Well done chaps.