near Solent mid July - mid August? Solent Airspace A5 insert

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

FlyOnTrack

near Solent mid July - mid August? Solent Airspace A5 insert

Post by FlyOnTrack » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Solent have produced a pretty good A5 (kneepad) two-sided aid to understanding where their airspace expands with extra CTAs mid July to mid August, with other info like frequencies, squawks etc. Page 2 is particularly important to anyone flying down the A30 near Chilbolton, as it clearly shows the lowered pocket of Class D which you would hit if at 2500' or above. (Popham has 3500' base above, note if you are used to nipping above Bournemouth on way down to Ch-Is, that Class G layer there has also been filled in for the duration.
The Solent A5 insert is stored on FlyOnTrack - go to http://www.flyontrack.co.uk and look for hotnews (on the main page) and download it from the news item there.

later edit:
to remove the 'large pdf' warning, we've got it smaller now thanks to a volunteer on the Flyer forum.
Last edited by FlyOnTrack on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GASCo's FlyOnTrack - Reducing Airspace Infringements
http://www.flyontrack.co.uk

Nigel Hitchman

Re: near Solent mid July - mid August? Solent Airspace A5 in

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Irv, thanks for the information. I hadnt realised there was more airspace being grabbed, although I see it is on the Olympic Chart that I got with my Southern half mil. That 2500ft bit over Chilbolton is very easy to miss! I guess there is also information in the article in the latest LAA mag which came today.
I'll be glad when this is all over and instead of reading about restricted airspace and how to file flightplans, we ca read about interesting aeroplanes and fly-ins instead!