G-OLVR Fred on ebay

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nigel Hitchman

G-OLVR Fred on ebay

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm

I think someone, maybe the original builder was looking for this aircraft a year or so ago. Its turned up on ebay for sale, located in South Wales

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRED-Home-bui ... 19d57ed8aa

cheers

Nigel

Rob Swain

Re: G-OLVR Fred on ebay

Post by Rob Swain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Judging by the pictures (guess what part of the aircraft this is a picture of) the seller isn't of the flying fraternity. Looks interesting thought and good to see it is attracting some interest. Would be sad for it to go on the bonfire!
Saved a VP1, G-BAPP, from a similar fate a few years back - flew very nicely in the end. Hopefully somebody will do the same for this beastie.

Too many projects already for me! Some of them are even mine!!!
Rob Swain
If the good Lord had intended man to fly, He would have given him more money.

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm

I spoke with Tony Oliver (the original builder) a couple of days ago to tell him that his old Fred was on Ebay.

He told me he had looked at it a few years ago when he was looking for a new project and had considered rebuilding it until he saw the state of it and decided against it.

I sincerely hope that whoever buys it has the motivation to see the project through to the end and we see G-OLVR in the air again.

I doubt if the day will ever come when my old Luton Minor and Tony's old Fred are seen in formation again but one can hope!
Roger Callow

cardiffrob

Post by cardiffrob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Wasn't me. So, who bought it??? :D
Rob Thomas