How do I access the members' area?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Mark A

How do I access the members' area?

Post by Mark A » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Just tried to look at the photos on the new on-line photo area and it asked me to log in with username and password. Tried my bulletin board member's log-in, that didn't work.
No indication of how to register and obtain a username and password.

Has anyone got any clues?

John Dean

Post by John Dean » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Stuart McC explains, in detail, how it all works in the latest edition of the magazine.

Mark A

Post by Mark A » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks.

Not received an e-mail from Penny yet. Pity they can't use a common system with the bulletin board.

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I gave a brief description in Hanger Chat under LAA ARCHIVE subject so that Forum members would be first to be given details of the site just prior to the magazine hitting your shagpile.

We have had a slight delay in getting out the invite emails but I am assured that most will go out over the next 24 hours.

There is a likelyhood that some new members might not get an email so we are likely to go over the last couple of months new members next week and add them to those who need to be sent an email invite.

If you appear to have not got an invite please first check your Spam filter as these are a bulk circulation and firewalls etc can consider our message as junk mail.

Please only contact Penny late next week if you still have not received your invite.

Why is it different to the Forum login? Well we needed lots of space to store photographs and the only way to do it at a reasonable cost was by hosting in the USA. Since I was project leader for the archive site it made sense to set it up separately to the main site so that I did not slow up the work that Penny was doing on the main site during the changeover to LAA.

Please remember to quote your full name for your display name.
Stuart Macconnacher

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 pm

Mark A, While you are waiting ...

http://www.rvuk.co.uk/photos.htm