Third Party Passenger Flying

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Brady

Re: Third Party Passenger Flying

Post by John Brady » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 am

Rob,

the answers are yes, look in the regs and maybe

LAA TTPF regulations apply only to LAA Club Events. You can find the precise definition of an event in the Club Governance Documents section from the Clubs and Struts link on the left sidebar of the homepage. Read and all shall be revealed.

The definition of TTPF is in the same place - look in Annex G

As to CRB check, clubs and struts are required to have a constitiution and if they use the model constitution (see governance documents) it requires them to appoint a Children and Vulnerable Adults Officer to ensure compliance with the legislation on such things. What your club or strut has in its own constitution and what policies it applies I know not but it is generally recognised that pilots conducting air experience flights do not need a CRB check because they have only limited and non-recurring contact. But you will need to ask the club running the event. When I was doing RAF air experience flying I had to be CRB checked and as a director of the LAA Education Trust I have to have another (although I have no contact with young people) but I understand that Scouts air experience does not require one. I would be surprised if a club needed CRB checks beyond the appointed club officer.

John