Laurie Shaw

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Graham Clark

Laurie Shaw

Post by Graham Clark » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm

I know there will be many members who wish to express their gratitude for the enormous sacrifices of time and energy made by Laurie Shaw on behalf of the PFA and LAA.
I was delighted to renew our acquaintance at this year's Sywell Rally, where we swapped memories of the Wroughton gate and traffic. I was very sorry to see him wheelchair bound. Thanks Laurie. Now take flight.

Nigel Ramsay

Re: Laurie Shaw

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 pm

I heard of Laurie's passing from Brian Hope yesterday. I was particularly sad to hear it; Laurie and I got on very well and he was particularly supportive of my efforts on the old PFA EC and my subsequent election to Vice Chairman during that period.

I had a great respect for his wisdom regarding the association and I too was delighted to meet up with him at this year's Rally, and I'm sad that we wont be seeing him at next year's event though that won't stop me raising a glass to him in hangar one. God bless Laurie, I hope it's CAV OK for you from now on old friend.

PennySharpe
Site Admin

Post by PennySharpe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Details on funeral arrangements for Laurie Shaw:

Friday 28th December, 12.35 for 12.45

Easthampstead Park Cemetery and Crematorium, Wokingham, Berkshire.

Flowers: Family only.

Donations to: The Grove, 2 Grove Road, Eastcliffe, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3AU (cheques to be made payable to The Grove).

The Grove in Bournemouth (which is a local McMillan Trust) cared for Laurie and his family.

Frank Parker

Post by Frank Parker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

I was sad to hear that Laurie Shaw has passed away. He has been a great supporter of the PFA/LAA for many, many years. I first met Laurie when the late F.I.V. (John) Walker was doing all of our engineering work as an unpaid volunteer in the early day of PFA, and often sought assistance from Laurie. Laurie, Happy Landings out west and RIP.

Frank Parker